Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Venomous claw and Noxious breath seem largely useless in trials

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me? I see a LOT of "Target immune" in trials using these...especially with bosses and mini-bosses. Any reason to hang on to these during trials?
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this is just the Warmth Snare?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the snare being resisted, not the abilities themselves. However Noxious Breath is kind of
    ... Meh. It's debuff is being applied by the tank 9 out of 10 times or other DPS. It's just functioning as an AoE spammable and DoT at that point.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if the target is immune then...it does nothing correct? I mean..it's fine for trashmobs and the like in overland and maybe 4 person dungeons, but single target bosses...seems like a waste of stamina and it's tough to get out of the rotation rhythm. Might have to just nuke these and go with something else. Appreciate the responses all.
  • pandazooka
    pandazooka
    ✭✭
    It's only immune to the snare from the Warmth passive (i.e. it won't be slowed down). The abilities still work. If it didn't, magdks would do no damage against bosses.

When the game says that the target is immune, it's only immune to some specific. The rest of the ability, if it has any other effects, still goes through. Another example is talons: you can't immobilize bosses or flying enemies, so the synergy won't be available, but the damage and debuff are still applied.
  • pandazooka
    pandazooka
    ✭✭
    pandazooka wrote: »
    When the game says that the target is immune, it's only immune to a specific effect.

I hate that we can't edit our own comments.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrmm...ok thanks for that..super helpful. I guess it seems like...for example Venomous claw would have NO effect against:
    1. Undead?
    2. Snakes?

I think there's a way to find this out....the target skeleton should have no poison debuff since...I mean seriously it's got no blood so ya. I'll test....see what I find thank you.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Hrmm...ok thanks for that..super helpful. I guess it seems like...for example Venomous claw would have NO effect against:
    1. Undead?
    2. Snakes?

I think there's a way to find this out....the target skeleton should have no poison debuff since...I mean seriously it's got no blood so ya. I'll test....see what I find thank you.

This game no longer has any type of individual damage type resistances or immunities. Barring extremely specific dungeon mobs for mechanics.

Once upon a time Fire elementals would take less damage from fire, but now everything takes full damage from everything.

EDIT: Huge correction: I meant for NPCs. NPCs don't have damage resistance to elemental types.

PLAYERS very much can still have resistances or weaknesses.
    Edited by Fennwitty on January 31, 2022 9:42PM
    PC NA
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    1. Undead?
    2. Snakes?

This game no longer has any type of individual damage type resistances or immunities. Barring extremely specific dungeon mobs for mechanics.

Once upon a time Fire elementals would take less damage from fire, but now everything takes full damage from everything.

Exactly this, another example of this is vampires used to trigger an 'explosion' rather than a 'burning' proc. But since this kind of flavor would render some classes either required or worthless for particular pieces of content, there isn't a limit anymore. That's why dwemer robots can bleed or be diseased.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you..SUPER helpful!
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok....2nd to last question (before I test that is ;) ). Noxious Breath. I see the Target immune a lot. What exactly is the target immune to? The poison? Or the Major breach?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok....2nd to last question (before I test that is ;) ). Noxious Breath. I see the Target immune a lot. What exactly is the target immune to? The poison? Or the Major breach?

The snare. Every skill from that line does a snare through a passive, and many enemies are immune to it. Sort of like how I use arrow spray, which roots, and get "Target is immune" messages whenever the skill hits any enemy who can't be rooted.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah...thank you...I keep forgetting about that passive :(
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got tired of the constant "target immune" messages so i block them with the "no thank you" addon

"target immune" usually is only applicable for CC effects (most bosses are immune to crowd control effects, including snares), and on a DK this message is a constant spam since all of the ardent flame abilities will try to apply a snare lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even notice the message anymore since it comes up so much lol. Life of a PvE DK.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK