The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Black Drake Villa: Does anyone actually go through the whole thing?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
According to alcast there's 4 mini bosses which I've never even seen. Why don't people do the mini bosses? Even for an admitted gear run (not pledge) people just skip to the 3. Do the mini bosses NOT drop any good gear?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, you should definitely do the whole dungeon sometime for fun if nothing else! :) Groups wanting to do the dungeon quick for random or pledge usually skip not only those, but any mobs that can be as well, as you’ve probably experienced. I don’t believe the first three secret bosses drop anything special, although there will be a chest in one of their areas, but they give a buff that can be useful if doing the hard modes. The first three secret bosses are easy but the fourth, I don’t think I’ve defeated yet, and you are limited to five or six attempts.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 30, 2022 8:46PM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the information :smile:
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, done it a few times. Still haven't got the momento that allows you to see the secret ice chests though
    Soupy twist
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first three secret bosses are easy but the fourth, I don’t think I’ve defeated yet, and you are limited to five or six attempts.

need to focus the adds first, one at a time
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the side bosses do not drop weapons, even the 4th secret boss, so anyone who is farming weapons just skips those normally

its great though if you havent run the dungeon much and missing a lot of the gear though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you...ironically 2 handed weapon is what I'm missing...I'l have to get some guildies to do a slow run with me sometime :)
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't really get anything for beating the final secret boss hard mode except 1 extra chest. Not even an achievement.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Yes, done it a few times. Still haven't got the momento that allows you to see the secret ice chests though

I'm pretty sure this one drops only in vet HM last chest by chance, we had around 5 runs to get at least one to drop.

About OP, strangely enough on pceu almost every group I've joined through RDF is going for mini bosses, at least on veteran. It's fun though, can ask a team to run for it and I doubt many would decline as it's pretty fast and more drops are always a nice bonus.