The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about race passives

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
So I was thinking ki g lo g and hard about what ZOS is doing with skills and the general hybridization of the game. Feels like races like wood elves, Bretons, red guards would greatly suffer because of their passives. If the idea is to hybridize everything then the races should follow, right? But if they hybridize the races, many would not be very distinct from one another. Thoughts?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am against homogenization but they started doing it to some races already so yes the others should get the same treatment to be fair.

The current racial balance is atrocious because the 'hybrid' races are also meta for pure stamina dps.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes tend to be cyclical in ESO. So they'll tweak something, then come back and tweak it again a year or two later.

Just like how they won't let players relax by slowing the pace of change, ZOS doesn't get all their ducks in a row before making changes. They like to slowly roll out new combat changes bit by bit, with the effect that players are constantly chasing the new meta.

So yeah, that means that certain races are going to be non-meta for a while. Eventually, ZOS will get around to tackling that particular duck.

There was a major racial passive change in 2019, and another lesser one in early 2021. I don't expect another sweeping change for all races due to the massive blowback they got in 2019, leading them to give away three free race/name change tokens.

So I'd expect ZOS to work out their planned hybridization/buff consolidation changes and then start looking at racial passives again to update some of the non-meta races over time. Hey, maybe this time they'll give bosmer their stealth passive back.
    Options
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say double down, give red guard and bosmer twice as much stamina and Breton twice as much magic. Hybrid races and races with the OP 248 spell/weapon damage should have half the resource buff, if any
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's best not to do multiple changes at the same time, they're going to want to see how it pans out with a larger audience than what they have with an internal group.
    Options
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean I'd give red guard and Breton both resource pools, both resource regen and leave the rest as is I guess to make them somewhat different?

I wish wood elves would get some love. The little [snip] are ugly but man can they run

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 31, 2022 11:56AM
    Options