The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Warden visual effects need change to match the lore

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I would like Warden class to get some visual change.

According to UESP lore: The Wardens are worshippers of Y'ffre and defenders of the Green. the most important deity of the Bosmeri pantheon, also worshipped by the Altmer, Bretons, and Snow Elves.

So can someone explain me why it use Vvardenfell/Morrowing animals or plants instead of things from Vallenwood or just generic effect that could match any races?

Thank you
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Morrowind fauna and my gripe is that the ultimate doesn’t fit at all. It could have been a nix-ox or kagouti but instead we’re stuck with a fat bear. :unamused:

It would be really great if we got choices of animals (I thought the flora was more generic — not like the forest is giant mushrooms) so we could pick what we like or what fits each character. :)
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because they shouldn't have connected it to Morrowind chapter...

I wrote this before already concerning class identity.

Warden feels like a complete mess...I think they shouldn't have connected it to Morrowind chapter (especially now when you buy it separately it makes even less sense). The thing is that cliff racers and netches are too unique to Morrowind and Vvardenfell to have them in class that any race can be and considering Wardens also have Ice skill line (made to complete fire[DK]+lightning[Sorc]+Ice[Warden] TES trio ofc) it is even more of an "unstable concoction" as now Warden has: Volcanic Island Fauna (and Bear) + Some Valenwoodish greenery (&Mushrooms) + Ice...

The only race that more or less suits for Warden is Nord specifically from isle of Solstheim.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess what could work is:
    • Replace the bear with a forest atronach or a wolf
    • Replace the mushroom by flowers
    • Replace the cliff racer by a falcon

For the ice, I'm not sure what could be used. Maybe a mix of ice, water and Earth/Growth magic.
    Edited by Nic727 on January 30, 2022 6:15PM