The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Refunded content still available in game

Blotah
Blotah
Soul Shriven
I've just refunded blackwood chapter through steam. Steam says my refund request is approved and the money is transferred into my steam wallet. But when i open the game, i have still an access to blackwood and all the contents in it ? I have both steam edition and pc edition and i am playing via eso.exe, not via steam launcher. Is that a problem or just a normal thing ? If this creates a problem, i request it to be fixed pls.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're running a very old install, if you're starting from the .exe, you're looking at the PC version, not the steam one. Purchases for each account are separate.
    I'm assuming you've purchased it for the PC at some point?

Two different accounts, two different sets of DLC's/chapters.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Blotah
    Blotah
    Soul Shriven
    Nope. i didnt purcase for the pc seperetaly. I only bought it through steam.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha I thought its impossible to refund a dlc in eso. But yea through Steam I suppose it could be possible.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blotah wrote: »
    I've just refunded blackwood chapter through steam. Steam says my refund request is approved and the money is transferred into my steam wallet. But when i open the game, i have still an access to blackwood and all the contents in it ? I have both steam edition and pc edition and i am playing via eso.exe, not via steam launcher. Is that a problem or just a normal thing ? If this creates a problem, i request it to be fixed pls.

Steam is good with it, and has given your money back, but they don't control what content you have access to. They should be telling ZOS, though. After that, it is all ZOS, and it is up to them to remove it from the account linked with Steam.

If you want to press it, you can open a ticket with ZOS and tell them you got a refund but you still have access and want it removed. Or... you can wait and see if there is just a backlog and ZOS will get to it when they get to it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Blotah
    Blotah
    Soul Shriven
    daim wrote: »
    Ha I thought its impossible to refund a dlc in eso. But yea through Steam I suppose it could be possible.

so the thing is steam's refund policy. steam says if you want to refund a content you must not play 2 hours or more, and i bought it from steam and play it with pc version, not steam launcher, so my game hour seems 16 mins on steam. thats why refund request is approved.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

so the thing is steam's refund policy. steam says if you want to refund a content you must not play 2 hours or more, and i bought it from steam and play it with pc version, not steam launcher, so my game hour seems 16 mins on steam. thats why refund request is approved.

So you're saying you played it more than 2 hours but because you didn't launch it through Steam your play time didn't register there and you were still able to get a refund?

Dude, that sounds like an exploit and blabbing about it on the public forum probably isn't smart. :D
  • Blotah
    Blotah
    Soul Shriven

So you're saying you played it more than 2 hours but because you didn't launch it through Steam your play time didn't register there and you were still able to get a refund?

Dude, that sounds like an exploit and blabbing about it on the public forum probably isn't smart. :D

yea thats the reason i request it to be fixed and remove the chapter in my game. when i tried to refund, i thought they wont accept my request, i just wanted to take my chance. i still dont know how my request is approved.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea thats the reason i request it to be fixed and remove the chapter in my game. when i tried to refund, i thought they wont accept my request, i just wanted to take my chance. i still dont know how my request is approved.

That may be why ZOS has not removed it. They may have decided it was not refundable. I wonder if that means Steam is left holding the bag.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't it free with some event? Edit: nevermind I think that was a different dlc.
    Edited by Soraka on January 31, 2022 12:22AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd open a ticket. If steam later bill it back to Microsoft Zenimax then they'll probably ban your account.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Blotah
    Blotah
    Soul Shriven
    I'd open a ticket. If steam later bill it back to Microsoft Zenimax then they'll probably ban your account.

i've just submitted a ticket and waiting for a reply.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Blotah

You can provide your ticket number in this thread so we can check on it's status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post