The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gained two levels in just one fight

BretonMage
BretonMage
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know why this happened, but I gained two whole levels (964 to 966) just fighting some trash mobs in Arx Corinium. They were just some lamias, snakes and a lurker. I don't think I did anything differently than usual. I assume that was a glitch, or was it some sort of bonus that I'm unaware of?
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you were enlightened? When elightened you gain around 4x more experience.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you on vet? You quite possibly got one of the slayer achievements. Have a look under vet dungeons. They are worth around 400k xp which at your level is probably enough to put you up two levels
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it looks like that must be it. I probably got the achievement while enlightened. I had no idea the achievements gave you experience points, and so many. (And I've obviously spent far too much time in Arx Corinium). Thanks, @hafgood and @perfiction !