Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

v1.0.6 (alledged) Freeze Fix

Smartbean
Smartbean
In the Patch Notes of v1.0.6 there's the following statement:
Fixed an issue that would cause your screen to occasionally freeze and cause unwarranted CPU usage.

Unfortunately, the game still freezes for me for 2-3 seconds at any time. This is NOT related to the reported lag or not able to use any abilities in combat or whatever. This happens every 5 to 10 minutes for me and it does it at every single level of graphic detail (very low to ultra).

All add-ons I have installed are up to date and all graphics/sound drivers are up to date.

I have Wykkyd's Framework installed and on the integrated Barzgirms Toolbar there is a FPS counter, when the freeze is over that counter displays either 0, 1 or 2 FPS for less than a second and then returns to the normal FPS value during play.

I was surprised to find a supposed fix for this issue in the v1.0.6 patch notes, but sadly that fix doesn't seem to have fixed anything at all :(
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch is not on the server, it failed.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Smartbean
    Smartbean
    Ahh, I didn't read the maintenance post, thanks for pointing out that the patch has not been deployed yet...which makes my thread/discussion void really. Instead I'll give an update on whether it's still an issue after the patch is actually applied.
  • Finchey1
    Finchey1
    This kept happening to me too. There is a fix which worked for me. It has to do with changing a setting in the user settings txt file. Unfortunately I cannot remember which setting it is. If I do remember or can find it I will post it here :)
  • Finchey1
    Finchey1
    Found it: Go to C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live(or eulive if you're on the Eurpean megaserver)\UserSettings.txt and find the following line:
    SET RequestedNumThreads "-1"
    Change that to:
    SET RequestedNumThreads "0"
  • Smartbean
    Smartbean
    Now that v1.0.6 is active I have to confirm that the issue still persists. I will apply your "fix" @Finchey1 and will report back soon :)
  • Smartbean
    Smartbean
    Your fix seem to have helped @Finchey1 :) I don't freeze any more, but sometimes only experience minor stuttering, but that's not so much a nuisance as the freeze. Glad to have it sorted now, thanks :)
  • Thestache
    Thestache
    Soul Shriven
    Finchey1 wrote: »
    Found it: Go to C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live(or eulive if you're on the Eurpean megaserver)\UserSettings.txt and find the following line:
    Change that to:

Will have to try this and see if it helps, cuz that is really annoying....logging off, but made the change will update later
  • Equite
    Equite
    Soul Shriven
    I have that issue too. Before this patch or whatever its called, i had to close the launcher and side programs for the client runs smoothly. I've noticed that with launcher opened, i hade some sort of freezes and when i turn it off the game runs fine. And now i have damn freezes even with closed launcher after the patch
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Equite wrote: »
    I have that issue too. Before this patch or whatever its called, i had to close the launcher and side programs for the client runs smoothly. I've noticed that with launcher opened, i hade some sort of freezes and when i turn it off the game runs fine. And now i have damn freezes even with closed launcher after the patch

I'm glad that I'm not the only one, with the patch I am assuming it came out yesterday, but it happened vary little before the patch, now it's happens all the time! Like all the time. I will be unable too compleat any of the vet dungeons because I'm a tank and if I can't respond too the damage coming at my I can't live. I will try that fix when I get home!
  • Equite
    Equite
    Soul Shriven
    Finchey1 wrote: »
    Change that to:
    It worked for me too. Thanks mate
  • mattriddle
    I just made the change suggested above but haven't tested it yet.

Was just now looking for a solution.

Before the latest patch, my game would freeze for a few seconds, but it'd come back soon. While streaming, OBS would just say it skipped frames.

Now it's worse. It freezes for longer periods of time, one day freezing while streaming for like 10-15 seconds. And now when it freezes, it makes OBS disconnect from the stream, which is a huge pain in the butt.

So I'm hoping the fix works.

Thanks!
    Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST