The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Fixing block mechanics

TheSpartacus
One of the problems i see in PvP is not that some characters can do some of the highest damage with bash/banner but rather that they are able to block non stop without taking almost any damage while doing it. Blocking while spamming your insta cast spells should not be allowed. A way to fix it would be to render a character unable to block for lets say 1 second after casting a spell or an attack.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    Umm... I don't mean to be rude, but this sounds like a case of you, the player, doing the same thing when you're defeated over and over by the same tactic.

If you see a deathtrap, leave. There will ALWAYS be things in this game that are simply good move combinations that are easy to utilize.

Knockdown the offending player, root if possible and gtfo quick.

Also, don't be surprised if your class without a shield can't block properly in an elder scrolls game.

Blocking prevents damage, plain and simple. I'm sorry to say it doesn't block ALL damage in the first place, but if it did I could see plenty of exploits in that.
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the problems i see in PvP is not that some characters can do some of the highest damage with bash/banner but rather that they are able to block non stop without taking almost any damage while doing it. Blocking while spamming your insta cast spells should not be allowed. A way to fix it would be to render a character unable to block for lets say 1 second after casting a spell or an attack.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

no. add a disable melee attack that if landed on a target that is currently blocking disables blocking for x seconds. it should NOT work as a pre-disable aka if u just spam it on some1 who isnt blocking at the moment it lands it should do nothing. it should have slightly smaller range than normal melee attacks. also it should be required to land it frontal. (it should actually hit the shield/weapon to work) also it needs to be an extra key. dont make it an ability that needs to be slotted.
    Edited by lao on April 30, 2014 3:15AM
    Options
  • TheSpartacus
    An attack that disables block is an option but do you really want to replace one of your 5 skill with it?

Another idea is to change block to block only 180 degrees in front of you not the full 360 degrees as it is now.
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    An attack that disables block is an option but do you really want to replace one of your 5 skill with it?

Another idea is to change block to block only 180 degrees in front of you not the full 360 degrees as it is now.

read the last sentence of my previous post :) and yea i agree 360 degrees block is kinda stupid. maybe 180 degrees is even abit too much. 120 or or 150 might be good.
    Options
  • Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I am a Block Basher. Before release I descided my first toon would be a tank - I never realised it would be so good in PvP.

I agree that flanking should be allowed though - i feel bad for Melee NB types who want to sneak and backstab - because with the current mechanic I can afford to ignore them and kill a healer or sorc first.

Please remeber though that many of the people doing this in Cyrodiil are your best friend in PvE - we are not trying to be Op. Our builds/gear force us into a certain playstyle.
    Here is the thing. If you come accross a blocker just back of. Ignore him to minimize his impact. and kill him last when he is isolated. His job is to soak up your Resources as many players as he can. If you make him expend Stamina to get to you.... you make him a lot less powerful. Once his stamina is gone - he has poor DPS and mobility. Trust me ;)
    Options