The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

game constantly pausing for a few seconds when you are running

Sandy_bar
Sandy_bar
Soul Shriven
every time I am running, the picture of Summerset comes up for about 3 secs, then it disappears and I can continue running. I have done a 'repair' which doesnt seem to have helped, and other players also have reported this bug. This happens mostly on Summerset but has occurred on other maps, im running using W, then game freezes when the picture of Summerset comes up, then I can continue after a few seconds, but it is getting most annoying...
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 27, 2022 12:12AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for the pausing issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sandy_bar
    Sandy_bar
    Soul Shriven
    i did the /latency and my number is 365... now the computer i have elder scrolls on, is basically all that is on, and this problem only started about 6 weeks ago, and quite a few players have had the same issue. Its frustrating to say the least :(
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happens when there's a ton of lag. Try a different less populated area or see if there's internet problems around.

Maybe you have processes running in the background taking up bandwidth.
    PC NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sandy_bar

Disabling background processes can be done by rebooting the PC into a selective startup. This will disable third party software running on the PC. Test your setup under the selective startup and see if the issue persists.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post