Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "A Storm Rises Over Tamriel during ESO’s Upcoming Global Reveal"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Pact got the short end of the stick because the longboat style is instantly recognizable as Nord. A Dunmer junk-style boat could've been fun, but less obviously fantasy mash-up nor as iconic to the Skyrim fans this advert is appealing to.

Nord tapestry:
    y4c73blonmca.png

I wish we'd gotten to see this Redguard ship in action:
    41109711224_31b4e95af5_h.jpg
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Pact got the short end of the stick because the longboat style is instantly recognizable as Nord. A Dunmer junk-style boat could've been fun, but less obviously fantasy mash-up nor as iconic to the Skyrim fans this advert is appealing to.

]

Could be true, as I do think that this whole clip is nothing but symbolic hints, some designed to lead us to what they are doind, and others designed to lead us astray.

Although, the "instantly recognizable" for the other ships includes itty bitty pennants that require two magnifying glasses to see. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I think Danny is right on here:

https://youtu.be/6sVv-cvht0c
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »

I'm going to wet myself and die laughing if the new map area is truly THAT small size :D
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭

I'm going to wet myself and die laughing if the new map area is truly THAT small size :D

Remember, he speculates in the middle of the vid about the fabled whirlpool located in the Abacean Sea:

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Maelstrom_of_Bal

as a possible portal entrance to an Oblivion plane--new dimension/area/zone?

Edited by keto3000 on January 10, 2022 2:51AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Interesting video, thanks for sharing.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe, like Orsinium, they'll use it to prototype a new system....with orsinium they ran a micromodel in zone of what eventually became 1-tamriel with level scaling, craft mats scaled to level/craft level etc. I think it ran for about 6 months before they rolled it out across the game as 1-tamriel and it went without many glitches and was an outstandingly successful model of how to introduce/prototype a new system.

If they followed this wisdom and given the 3 alliances seem to be represented it'd be arguably nice to think they have built a micromodel for a possible fix for lag issues in pvp with a new zone(s) with flaggable pvp. If that hypothetical model worked it could then be rolled out in cyrodiil and imperial city to maybe address a lot of the long standing issues pvp players have suffered.

Having a flaggable pvp zone would also be a call-back to a lot of players who maybe left for that other game which also uses flaggable pvp....

Speculative, I know, but if implemented it would be a little of everything for all playstyles and not just exclusively pve.
  • cattoaster
    cattoaster
    ✭✭
    Does anyone recognize this yellow banner in the background?
    1wbfo5z5p12h.jpg

It appears briefly in the upper left corner at timestamp 0:05 .
    Pause the video and watch frame by frame using comma and full stop ( , and .)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cattoaster wrote: »
    Does anyone recognize this yellow banner in the background?

It appears briefly in the upper left corner at timestamp 0:05 .
    Pause the video and watch frame by frame using comma and full stop ( , and .)

Yes,that was noticed, and, yes, it seems familiar. I have not hunted it down, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Golden Knight has the same walk as the armoured person in the vid :)
    PC EU
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, like Orsinium, they'll use it to prototype a new system....with orsinium they ran a micromodel in zone of what eventually became 1-tamriel with level scaling, craft mats scaled to level/craft level etc. I think it ran for about 6 months before they rolled it out across the game as 1-tamriel and it went without many glitches and was an outstandingly successful model of how to introduce/prototype a new system.

If they followed this wisdom and given the 3 alliances seem to be represented it'd be arguably nice to think they have built a micromodel for a possible fix for lag issues in pvp with a new zone(s) with flaggable pvp. If that hypothetical model worked it could then be rolled out in cyrodiil and imperial city to maybe address a lot of the long standing issues pvp players have suffered.

Having a flaggable pvp zone would also be a call-back to a lot of players who maybe left for that other game which also uses flaggable pvp....

Speculative, I know, but if implemented it would be a little of everything for all playstyles and not just exclusively pve.

The 3 ships represent the 3 Heroes, (Nord, High Elf and Breton) that represent the player. As they are from different alliances and are not exactly "friends", they wouldn't travel together. People see the 3 alliances and automaticly think PVP, forgetting that the 3 heroes have been a part of the majority of the trailer story since the beginning. A flaggable PVP zone would not work well in ESO PVE. Just look at the lag in major towns caused by the PVP duelists. Adding larger scale PVP into a denser populated, smaller zone would only have greater problems. To look at it from a different perspective, PVE players have asked for a flaggable PVP or nonPVP version of Cyrodiil for years. And that hasn't happened yet.

Not saying it can't or won't happen either way, just not very likely.

People also need to realize that when the Hype train is rolling, full steam ahead, the last stop is Disappointment. Because it will never live up to their expectations and "what ifs". People keep wanting more and more and their own hype lets them down. I've already seen other forums on this topic that are so out there in terms of ideas and expectations, it isn't even funny. PVP naval battles, pirate class or skill line, full sailing activities like Assassin's Creed Black Flag or Sea of Thieves. These same people that get their hopes up like this will usually be the first to complain about the new content because it didn't include their ideas.
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    I'm low key really really hoping Za'ji and the crew of The Perfect Pounce get to return in some small way, being that this is a naval DLC. I got oddly attached to those characters in a way I usually just don't in MMOs.I'm even saving the epilogue quests in Elswyre because I don't want our interactions to be over.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a day to go! I can't wait to see what they have in store for us! So looking forward to tomorrow!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »
    I'm low key really really hoping Za'ji and the crew of The Perfect Pounce get to return in some small way, being that this is a naval DLC. I got oddly attached to those characters in a way I usually just don't in MMOs.I'm even saving the epilogue quests in Elswyre because I don't want our interactions to be over.

There is nothing to indicate that this is a "naval" DLC. Just because we see the 3 alliance hero ships. We travelled to the islands of Vvardenfell and Summerset, and neither of them were naval themed.

I could very well be wrong, but watch the forums blow up tomorrow, when people find out that there is nothing naval, pirate, etc, themed content. People jumped to wild assumptions and unrealistic expectations based on what amounts to a few seconds of teaser.

It may turn out that I'm wrong tomorrow, and I will be pleasantly surprised and excited by the new content. But, if I'm right, a lot of people will be disappointed by their own hype.

People need to learn to manage their expectations. Don't believe the hype!

Of course, I would like to adventure with Za"ji and gang again too.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on January 27, 2022 4:02AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CCG? Blech.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »

Literally crying right now :'D

Welcome back Za'ji and friends.
  • DaSnowFangs
    DaSnowFangs
    Soul Shriven
    I'd really like to see a sort of card table for the card game.
    Some furnishing that we can put in our guild halls.
    We really need social interactivity furniture.
    🐉HERE BE DRAGONS
  • DaSnowFangs
    DaSnowFangs
    Soul Shriven
    Also, where can I find these links to the other channels streaming dev interviews and such?
    🐉HERE BE DRAGONS