Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do You Think They'll Ever...

bradleymsimmons
bradleymsimmons
✭✭✭
Bring back the dwarves/dwemers and make them playable characters? I think that'd be an epic tale worth telling.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are epic due to the mystery. Remove that and they become less epic.
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Yep, I understand that. Still, at some point, I think they should explore it. I mean, dwarves! One of the staple races of any fantasy setting. They should be "here"!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they're not really dwarves in TES, just elves with unlucky naming in the very distant past. They're probably the last race to appear due to their "disappearance" from Tamriel.
  • Ciotola
    Ciotola
    ✭✭✭
    you asked a harmless question and I read on other tread hatred addressed to those who asked this question.

unfortunately as many have already written in other treads "you can't touch their sacred lore" so no "dwarves".

However, nothing prevents you from bringing greater variety in the management of your character: why can't I make an obese character? or a character with dwarfism? these are conditions that the current character creation system does not meet at all, and it is a condition that would not have significant impacts on the pve or on the pvp as the hitboxes have been flawed and unrealistic for years.
    this would solve the aesthetic question: low and fat bipedal -> dwarf

from the point of view of lore and peculiarities, however, it is another matter entirely.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Yep, I understand that. Still, at some point, I think they should explore it. I mean, dwarves! One of the staple races of any fantasy setting. They should be "here"!

They’re way different than other dwarves. They’re elves that lived under ground.
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on January 29, 2022 1:29AM
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Nope and Todd stated as much
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will never ever happen in ESO before it happens in a single player game. Never.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...learn to make a full thread title?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loremaster Leamon Tuttle answers that very question here... :)

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/01/elder-scrolls-online-lore-interview
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...learn to make a full thread title?

I love click-bait :p but if someone was approved to comment on these forums, then I have lots of faith that they'll bring a meaningful discussion... even if it it's just...

a fragmented title/sentence :D
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the dwarves/dwemers and make them playable characters? I think that'd be an epic tale worth telling.

I think they will because the people who made Elder Scrolls aren't getting any younger. We all have expiration dates and therefore, like Stan Lee, they want to see their dreams completely created and out there before their legacy becomes immortalized.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think they will because the people who made Elder Scrolls aren't getting any younger. We all have expiration dates and therefore, like Stan Lee, they want to see their dreams completely created and out there before their legacy becomes immortalized.

From this I see you are not familiar with the 25+yrs of TES lore, or the history of the TES Universe.
    First, it is not like a IP in the MCU where Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are the "Owners or Creators". TES is a Bethesda IP and by that , they are the "Owners".

Now, the "Godfathers" of the TES Universe, are Juilan LeFay, Ted Petterson and Vijay Lakshman. They were the writers for TES1 Arena back in 1994.
    LeFay, Petterson, Ken Rolston, Kurt Kuhlmann, Bruce Nesmith would go on to write for the next 3 TES Titles.
    Then the torch was passed to the likes of Todd Howard, Micheal Kirkbride, Douglas Goodall, Richard Guy and Emil Pagliarillo.
    All the writers kept the "Core" lore in their writings.

The current Loremaster and writers for ESO are in constant communication with BGS on aspects of lore and what is and isnt ok.

TL:DR....
    No, TES lore is not 1 or 2 people that own it like MCU. No, dwemer will not be explored, period. Todd Howard just commented on this. See above post.

Just my 2 drakes and a little TES history.
    Huzzah!

Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on January 31, 2022 8:11PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if they.....
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Maybe if they.....

LOL! Touche
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, no and NO. And for sure not in ESO made by ZOS.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for fun I went ahead and made a "time lost" dwemer to see if I could.

50588134148_851f02ab88_k.jpg

50588134278_b2a9041669_k.jpg
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 1, 2022 2:53AM
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to this article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-online/dwemer

They will never, ever, EVER touch the dwemer mystery. That will always remain a mystery for the lore. So highly unlikely that they will also add dwemer races too.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According to this article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-online/dwemer

They will never, ever, EVER touch the dwemer mystery. That will always remain a mystery for the lore. So highly unlikely that they will also add dwemer races too.

They also said that about dragons at launch as well….
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember thinking how awesome it would be to get to explore the Psijic Monks that we were introduced to in Skyrim. Remember Quaranir? He was so mysterious and cool and wise.

What we got was a bumbling order with mundane dramas making stupid mistakes that threaten existence repeatedly. After we solved all their dramas we become one, get a few skills and that's the end of all the mystery, all the wondering.

If all the enigma being worked up over the last 20 years just got distilled down to Normal Bob (but with a plaited beard!) with his mundane dramas and a tonal skill-line, it would be horribly disappointing.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember thinking how awesome it would be to get to explore the Psijic Monks that we were introduced to in Skyrim. Remember Quaranir? He was so mysterious and cool and wise.

What we got was a bumbling order with mundane dramas making stupid mistakes that threaten existence repeatedly. After we solved all their dramas we become one, get a few skills and that's the end of all the mystery, all the wondering.

If all the enigma being worked up over the last 20 years just got distilled down to Normal Bob (but with a plaited beard!) with his mundane dramas and a tonal skill-line, it would be horribly disappointing.

Second all of this, and this is one of the reasons why I hate the Summerset Chapter. The mysteries of the Elder Scrolls universe need to at least live up to expectations. Ideally they exceed them, but Summerset didn’t even do that, and I’d rather they never touch the Dwemer than include them and screw them up like they did the Psijics and Altmer.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

They also said that about dragons at launch as well….

Yeah and how well did that turn out. :(
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they won't - but not for any other reason that it would be a hellish job to make a new playable race. Note that there hasn't been a new playable race ever since the inception of the game, maybe imperials aside, that happened before my time, and imperials were a standard playable race in all the main TES games.

Even though the devs have made some questionable choices, new playable races are a huuuge step, and one that would be hard to implement and raise a manure-storm among long time players. In most ESO-games there are ten playable races. No more, no less.