Quick Chat

macsmooth
macsmooth
✭✭✭✭
Does quick chat options translate to other languages for other players

Example
I use a quick chat say “attack the boss” in English on my screen

If there is a person who is French, does “attack the boss” translate to French for their screen?
Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on January 4, 2022 9:15PM
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    If you are talking about the Quick Chat Addon, then it will not.

If there's some built-in quick chat function that I do not know about, then there is a chance that it will translate to french for them, I am not entirely sure though.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely not:
    Addons do not provide any automatic translations or even possibilities to do so!
    Even if you send any text to the chat it cannot automatically be translated to other group users depending on their client language if you have not translated that text in the addon somehow AND send it to the other group members AND they also use the same addon which detects your text, search for your translation and then show them the transaltion!

Addons ar enot able to share any data to other players except if you are grouped and use same/similar addons (suing same libraries which provide small data exchange between groups via MapPings e.g.).

So don't expect and addon to translate texts and show differently, especially if it's in the chat! What you see is what others see! Only maybe changed in text size, color, prefix like timestamps if they use chata dodns like pChat etc. But the message text is the same.
    Edited by Baertram on January 25, 2022 4:19PM
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Most likely not:
    Addons do not provide any automatic translations or even possibilities to do so!
    Even if you send any text to the chat it cannot automatically be translated to other group users depending on their client language if you have not translated that text in the addon somehow AND send it to the other group members AND they also use the same addon which detects your text, search for your translation and then show them the transaltion!

Addons ar enot able to share any data to other players except if you are grouped and use same/similar addons (suing same libraries which provide small data exchange between groups via MapPings e.g.).

So don't expect and addon to translate texts and show differently, especially if it's in the chat! What you see is what others see! Only maybe changed in text size, color, prefix like timestamps if they use chata dodns like pChat etc. But the message text is the same.

Thank you for the reply but I should have been clearer this is not a ‘addon’ this quick chat function is baked in to your emotes section that you can assign commands/phrases that Zos have already programmed into eso so they never change

In that vain Zos have already prefixed the phrases so it shouldn’t be difficult to be automatically translated to the other members of group default language settings

This really was a question for the developers/support team to answer as its not a addon I’m talking about, it is a function already baked in to game prefix chat commands in the emote section
    Edited by macsmooth on January 25, 2022 4:48PM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the texts are automatically shown in chat as you start an emote the texts will be shown in your client language. If the text is shown to group members as well then the text will be shown in their client language.

Every vanilla UI text shown at the UI or chat (like NPC shutout in text form) is in the client language of the user reading it.
    ZOs got all standard (vanilla) texts (like itemname, zone names, NPC names, etc.) translated to de, en, fr, ru and jp (jp is only shown within a special Japanese client!). If the emotes provide text as well then they should be translated too.
    Edited by Baertram on January 25, 2022 4:51PM