The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What's the fastest mode to queue?

Scallan
Scallan
✭✭✭✭
Coming back to the game after a long hiatus and was wondering what the fastest mode to queue for is. Queue times seem a lot longer than I remember.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo Deathmatch
    PC NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is likey solo random since it makes you available for all. The solo DM draws from the solo random to fill their groups so it would not be as fast of a queue.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    It is likey solo random since it makes you available for all. The solo DM draws from the solo random to fill their groups so it would not be as fast of a queue.

It's actually equal but I didn't want to write a post explaining it.

Solo Deathmatch pulls players from Solo Random into Team Deathmatch.
    Solo Random pulls players from Solo Deathmatch into Team Deathmatch.

11 players queue for Solo Random and 1 player queues for Solo Deathmatch. The game will be Team Deathmatch.
    11 players queue for Solo Deathmatch and 1 player queues for Solo Random. The game will be Team Deathmatch.

If you want a very small chance (~1%) of playing something besides Team Deathmatch, then queue for Solo Random.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 21, 2022 8:10AM
    PC NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

It's actually equal but I didn't want to write a post explaining it.

Solo Deathmatch pulls players from Solo Random into Team Deathmatch.
    Solo Random pulls players from Solo Deathmatch into Team Deathmatch.

11 players queue for Solo Random and 1 player queues for Solo Deathmatch. The game will be Team Deathmatch.
    11 players queue for Solo Deathmatch and 1 player queues for Solo Random. The game will be Team Deathmatch.

If you want a very small chance (~1%) of playing something besides Team Deathmatch, then queue for Solo Random.

If the chance of getting something other than a DM match when queue solo random is less than 1% then what I explained is what is happening. The only way it can be skewed that much is if most players queueing for solo random end up getting pulled into DM BGs to fill groups due to players queueing for a DM match.

It also means that the solo random will be faster.

Regards.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the chance of getting something other than a DM match when queue solo random is less than 1% then what I explained is what is happening. The only way it can be skewed that much is if most players queueing for solo random end up getting pulled into DM BGs to fill groups due to players queueing for a DM match.

It also means that the solo random will be faster.

Regards.

This is true if 12 players queue for Solo Random and you aren't the last player to queue. But again it's like ~1% chance.

Technically you're correct.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 21, 2022 8:57PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This entire discussion highlights how flawed the last 3 months of BG queue tests have been.

Overall, BG participation has not increased so we are reverted back to the old queues. Obviously BG participation won't increase when you force half the BG population or more into a game mode they don't want to play (Team Deathmatch).
    PC NA
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    This entire discussion highlights how flawed the last 3 months of BG queue tests have been.

Overall, BG participation has not increased so we are reverted back to the old queues. Obviously BG participation won't increase when you force half the BG population or more into a game mode they don't want to play (Team Deathmatch).

Half? Or more? That is generous overestimation. The majority of people who regularly participate in BGs prefer deathmatch.

I do fully agree however that the test was utterly pointless.
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 24, 2022 6:50PM