Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Gargoyle World Skill

Xorromotos
Xorromotos
Soul Shriven
After watching the movie, I, Frankenstein, the concept of playing as a gargoyle in ESO crept into my mind. This idea was furthered after seeing the in-game models of gargoyles while progressing through the storyline.

I believe a gargoyle world skill line would be awesome as the next available path (i.e. vampires and werewolves), and it would be great to see feedback on this idea.

Haku of the Akaviri (Daggerfall Covenant, NA megaserver)
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭
    Let's wait until werewolf is functioning properly before we start jumping on wanting another beast-form-based skill line.
  • TeliosMadronin
    And all the vampire passives that don't work or how stages break, etc.

Fixing Bugs before new content everyday.
  • Xorromotos
    Xorromotos
    Soul Shriven
    I ask you to refrain from talking about subjects that are not related to this discussion.

Bugs related to other skill lines are not pertinent to this discussion. If you wish to report a bug or discuss the issues related to it, please refer to http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support.

This discussion is purely for those interested or have skeptics about the idea of a gargoyle-focused skill line. It is not a push for gargoyles to become a playable form, but a concept of interest I thought of sharing with the community.

Haku of the Akaviri (Daggerfall Covenant, NA megaserver)
    Edited by Xorromotos on April 25, 2014 11:32PM
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well ill put it bluntly... you cant and likely never can because of 2 reason

1. Gargoyle are by theory Magical constructs (skyrim dawnguard explaned that)
    2. No way you can turn into a gargoyle

One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Xorromotos
    Xorromotos
    Soul Shriven
    Fair point. However, lore is always expandable. In universe of magic and mayhem, there is always room for a gargoyle transformation spell. It is a shot in the dark as you say, however.
  • shinkicker444rwb17_ESO
    Don't forget that in Skyrim Vampire Lords could summon Gargoyles.
  • Xorromotos
    Xorromotos
    Soul Shriven
    I never had the chance to play Dawnguard, but that is very interesting that they were able to be summoned. I understand they are closely linked to vampires.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not run into Gargolys so far, so I had to look at the wiki about them. There are at least 3 different interpretations/variants that have been used over time:
    Daggerfall
    Dawnguard
    ESO - but I have been to Bleakrock island many times and never noticed one, so that data might be outdated/only apply to the Veteran Mode.

While they were allied with Vampires and had a vampire like abilities (Melee Lifesteal), there is no data how they reproduced and they seem unrelated to Vampires (other then the summon/alliance with them).
    Xorromotos wrote: »
    I ask you to refrain from talking about subjects that are not related to this discussion.

Bugs related to other skill lines are not pertinent to this discussion. If you wish to report a bug or discuss the issues related to it, please refer to http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support.
    Thanks for detecting that trolling technique and showing a solution. I could add that knowledge to my list of know Trolling techniques/counters that I jsut published:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89902/how-to-detect-trolls-and-starve-them
    Edited by zgrssd on April 29, 2014 2:28PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Xorromotos
    Xorromotos
    Soul Shriven
    I appreciate your response zgrssd.

I encountered gargoyles in the Covenant area of Rivenspire. I also noticed, through research, that the gargoyles in Skyrim are posed as statues and some are in vampire mobs. Whereas in ESO, gargoyles tend only to roam around the bloodfiends and vampire mobs.

I read on one of the wikis that sorcerer's and vampires animated statues to create the gargoyles. However, much like Kyubi said, it would be very tough to pull off a gargoyle transformation. Although, I wouldn't put it past some of the most powerful alteration/conjuration sorcerers to create a spell for it.

I will spend some time later this week to find any lore books within ESO that pertain to gargoyles and I will share any information worthy of noting.

• oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    What about a tree where you could "summon" gargoyles and constructs that would be effective, fun, and easy lore wise.

You could make it stamina based as apposed to Dadric summoning which is magical based(so having your gargoyle out would lower your maximum stamina)

This would not only allow non-Sorc's to have pets but would also allow Sorc's to surrender all of their resources for this massive group of monsters which I would go and re-roll myself right now to do lol.

The lack of max stamina would be a nice trade off for archers and tanks wishing to have a pet and you could offer some fun abilities such as linking or channeling to increase power of either the pet or player or perhaps one to cause the gargoyle to self destruct.

I would love a Gargoyle pet ^.^ I promise to walk him and feed him every day.
    Edited by oldkye on April 30, 2014 3:20AM
  • Xorromotos
    Xorromotos
    Soul Shriven
    Oldkye, that is a great adaptation to the idea. I think a summoning tree with multiple creatures/constructs would be fun to have as well as practical. It would provide players who like combat pets/summons the ability to have them without playing a sorcerer, if that is not their desire.

I am sure after some time of posing as a statue they would need to be walked.
  • shinkicker444rwb17_ESO
    Such a tree would be called Necromancy if it included Gargoyles

(I wish there was a necromancy tree... :neutral_face:)
    Edited by shinkicker444rwb17_ESO on April 30, 2014 6:01AM