The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

To Those Who Don't know

Dem_kitkats1
Dem_kitkats1
✭✭✭✭
Despite there already being a dozen threads about the BG ques, more keep popping up. So I just thought it should be known for those who are maybe unaware, that the BG ques are being reverted back to the way they were before the changes. That means that Deathmatch will no longer have a separate que and all of the modes will be chosen at random as before.
Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on January 18, 2022 8:25PM
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, is there a link for this I could look at?
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The702Guy wrote: »
    First off, thanks to everyone for participating in all the Battlegrounds queue tests over the past few months, including the most recent addition of Deathmatch-only queues over winter break. We were able to gather a lot of data from these tests regarding Battlegrounds participation and ultimately found it did not significantly affect the participation and population, and also took into account the feedback received about the majority of Battleground games being Deathmatch. We did see the suggestions for adding additional queue options and considered those as well, but doing so would splinter the Battlegrounds population too much and would lead to much longer queue times; we want to ensure the healthiest population and player experience. As such, we are making the call to remove the Deathmatch-only queue option.

Starting in Update 33, the default option for Battleground queues will be “Solo Random” and the dropdown selection will have “Group Random”. Remember, the group queue will take solo, duo, trio and full groups of players, but the solo queue will only include players that queued solo. All games modes will be in both of these queues.

This will be the last change we make to Battleground queues for the foreseeable future. Thanks again for partaking in these tests and aiding us in gathering very valuable feedback.

For more info, the official statement as well as player's feedback is included in the Upcoming Changes to the Battlegrounds Queues thread.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on January 18, 2022 8:46PM
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why the OP didn't post the *link* itself, but here it is: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7488351#Comment_7488351
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    I'm not sure why the OP didn't post the *link* itself, but here it is: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7488351#Comment_7488351

Lol thank you. For some reason I could not get it to post.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just desperately hope that Zos doesn't implement this with the same percentage chance of DM as they did before. I could go days without a DM when the queue was like this before. Please, for the love of God, give DM a 50% chance to pop. If objectives are 75% of all bgs again , the tank meta will come back with a vengeance. The way to win objectives is to be unkillable. So DMers will be faced with either farming poor, unprepared, objective players, or beating on tanks for 15 minutes. Who wants this? I want objective players to get their mode, and I want my DM mode. But since clearly Zos is incapable of implementing this, DM needs a 50% chance. [snip]

[edited for posting truth]

Zos apparently wants to pretend objective players aren't going to be farmed by DMers.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on January 20, 2022 8:07PM
  • draigwyrdd
    draigwyrdd
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely think the queue should be weighted so that 50% of matches are deathmatch. That seems like the best compromise that also keeps a single queue system.