The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

eso plus help?

izJordy
izJordy
✭✭✭
so i'm confused.. eso plus is 14,99$.. and you'll receive 1500 crowns when you purchase the eso plus for a month.. then you can also just buy crowns and that cost 14,99$ aswell for 1500 crowns? lol is this true? like could i buy eso plus for a month or 2, receive the crowns and when my eso plus runs out i'll just buy the dlc packs with the crowns i got from the eso plus?
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on January 20, 2022 8:19PM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can. But you have to remember that with the ESO+, you will have access to any new DLC's and anything else they have for ESO+ members only. But the most Important thing with ESO+ you will be supporting the game.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    In other words, if You dont NEED something expensive NOW - there is no need to buy 1,5k crown pack.
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Dragnelus
    Dragnelus
    ✭✭✭
    Buy it from a third party. 60 days for 11 euro, supporting eso, all dlcs etc. I rather have a sub and buy some costumes, XP packs mounts etc :p
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    izJordy wrote: »
    so i'm confused.. eso plus is 14,99$.. and you'll receive 1500 crowns when you purchase the eso plus for a month.. then you can also just buy crowns and that cost 14,99$ aswell for 1500 crowns? lol is this true? like could i buy eso plus for a month or 2, receive the crowns and when my eso plus runs out i'll just buy the dlc packs with the crowns i got from the eso plus?

Those crowns given to you when you sub wont be there if you unsub,..if you still have any left.If you use them to buy the DLC you'll still have that though.My advise would be to sub,buy all the things you want,then unsub if that is your want.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Those crowns given to you when you sub wont be there if you unsub,..if you still have any left.I
    Huh? Of course Crowns stay with your account, regardless how you acquired them or whether your subscription is active or not.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any reason to buy the 1,500 crown pack, it's better to just buy a 1 month subscription and get the sub bonuses alongside it.

Only reason I don't do that is I prefer to get the 5,500 crown pack and pay less per crown than get the sub benefits.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Trayzard
    Trayzard
    ✭✭✭
    Dragnelus wrote: »
    Buy it from a third party. 60 days for 11 euro, supporting eso, all dlcs etc. I rather have a sub and buy some costumes, XP packs mounts etc :p

which 3rd party websites? But if i buy 60 days for 11€, dont i support eso less than buying it directly on their site for ~23€ for 60 days?
  • SweetSleepParalysis
    SweetSleepParalysis
    Soul Shriven
    Does anybody know for how long all your information is stored in your account (all stuff that goes in your crafting bag) if you previously have been an ESO plus member, but then decide to pay for the next ESO plus membership with a small break in between, i.e. if you choose not to continue your membership right away when the membership run out, but choose to do this a couple of months later?
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything in the craft bag stays permanently. Plenty of people who don't sub use the free trials to fill the bag and it holds until the next free trial which is often 4-6 months later. Same for the extra housing slots and bank slots. The things stay, but you can't put anything else in the bank/house until you get below the non-ESO+ limit.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody know for how long all your information is stored in your account (all stuff that goes in your crafting bag) if you previously have been an ESO plus member, but then decide to pay for the next ESO plus membership with a small break in between, i.e. if you choose not to continue your membership right away when the membership run out, but choose to do this a couple of months later?

The first thing to know (which you might already be aware of) is that ESO+ expires when the time you've already paid for runs out, not when you cancel the renewal. If you pay for 30 days you'll get 30 days even if you cancel it after 1 day.

When it runs out you lose access to the benefits but won't lose anything already on your account. So for example you'll lose the XP and gold boosts but will keep any XP and gold gained as a result of it, and any costumes you've dyed will stay dyed but you'll be unable to change them. Likewise you'll keep the crowns from your subscription (unless you've already spent them).

The ones which can be confusing are:

Access to DLC: you'll keep all the progress you've made, including quests completed and items earned but will be unable to do anything more until you buy that DLC or re-subscribe. If a character is in a DLC map when your subscription ends they'll have a longer than normal loading time and end up in a base game map. (I think they always go to a starter city, but I'm not sure.)

Furnishings in your house: These will stay and you can interact with them and move them around but if you remove them you'll be unable to put them back until you're under the limit (either by removing enough furnishings or by re-subscribing). That also means you can't move them between areas of the house where you have to go through a door or loading screen.

Items in the bank & transmutation crystals: Like furnishings these will stay and can be withdrawn and used but you won't be able to add any more if you're above the normal limit. It's a good idea to make sure your bank is 1/2 empty or you have a plan for what to do with the stuff in there before your subscription ends or you won't be able to use it to store or transfer items.

Items in the craft bag: They will stay in the bank until they're used or you withdraw them, but you'll be unable to put any new ones in. The game will automatically use materials from the craft bag before ones in your inventory and bank and there's no way to change that, so over time common materials will be drained from the craft bag and build up in your bank/inventory.

The one I'm not sure about is the crafting research speed boost, for items you're currently researching. If something is being researched as ESO+ ends I'm not sure if it continues at the increased speed or reverts to the normal speed. But part of the reason I don't know is I never cared enough to check and I've never seen it mentioned so I doubt it matters to many people.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SweetSleepParalysis
    SweetSleepParalysis
    Soul Shriven
    Danikat wrote: »
    The first thing to know (which you might already be aware of) is that ESO+ expires when the time you've already paid for runs out, not when you cancel the renewal. If you pay for 30 days you'll get 30 days even if you cancel it after 1 day.

When it runs out you lose access to the benefits but won't lose anything already on your account. So for example you'll lose the XP and gold boosts but will keep any XP and gold gained as a result of it, and any costumes you've dyed will stay dyed but you'll be unable to change them. Likewise you'll keep the crowns from your subscription (unless you've already spent them).

The ones which can be confusing are:

Thank you for the comprehensive answer. It does not, however, answer my question completely. My main concern is that all the information on my account (the code) will disappear if I do not renew my ESO+ membership within a certain period of time.

At the moment, I am not playing ESO at al, because I have so much else to do. However, I will continue to play in the near future. Besides, playing without ESO+ is not an option anymore. However, I just want to be reassured that all my code will be stored safe and sound until the day I renew my ESO+ subscription. I am afraid that Bethesda will remove all unnecessary account information stored on the server if the account has not been used for a certain period of time. So, is there any kind of time limit for how long one can leave the information (code) just "laying" there on the server, without the risk of it being lost, i.e. permanently flushed into oblivion.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.