The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can no longer gallop on any mount on any character.

DarrowLykos
DarrowLykos
✭✭✭
I noticed this right after I did a respec in Stormhaven. When I was leaving I hopped on my mount and when I hit sprint/gallop I get a very small boost of speed then it tapers off to just a little faster than normal trot speed. I have tried to respec again and tried redoing my champion skills as well. I have tested this on each mount I have and every alt. It is the same for my entire account. To give an example I use Bandit's speedometer and before this happened I would hit almost 1800 gallop speed now when I gallop I barely hit 1500. Sprinting works like it should but gallop is broke :(
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you actually invested in major gallop passive in alliance skill line?
    Options
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    I have never put any points into major gallop. It's almost like my 60 speed is not being counted.
    Options
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    I just checked my skill tree and I don't even have a major gallop passive lol.
    Options
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh nevermind I see it's under Continuous Attack. Either way I have not put any points into Alliance section at all :)
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh nevermind I see it's under Continuous Attack. Either way I have not put any points into Alliance section at all :)

I believe the Continuous Attack passive only works in Cyrodiil when near a keep, so it should not matter in PvE.

The change was made when Rapid Maneuver no longer increased your mount speed, if I remember correctly.

That being said, I sometimes see the behavior described above in PvE, where my mount speeds up for about 3 seconds and then slows down. I keep clicking the sprint button to see if my mount is actually sprinting or not and sometimes can’t really tell the difference. Sometimes it seems like my characters are doing the same thing when trying to sprint. I assume it has to do with server load or some kind of lag.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Tarbs01
    Tarbs01
    The continuous attack passive gives a boost to mounted speed at all times, not just in Cyrodil. This is why you should take all your toons through the intro to Cyrodil quest at rank 10. DO NOT SKIP THE QUEST! Doing the intro quest requires no PvP and gives you enough XP to get your Assault and Support lines to level 3 and awards a skill point. Which is exactly what you need for Continuous Attack passive. Plus you get some AP.
    As for your reported issue, I have noticed lately that I have times where I need to trigger the sprint 3 times. It acts like the first click activates it but the toon doesn't actually sprint. Then the second click deactivates then the 3rd time I finally get a sprint. Have seen this behavior on all my toons and in all locales.
    Xbox/NA Nord DK For the Pact!
    Options
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    After being logged out for over 12 hours, when I just logged in a few minutes ago and tested it, it is working again like it was before. I guess maybe just needed to be logged out for a bit idk. Either way just glad it's working again :)
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have also had the sprint take 3 button presses to work as well, seems much more prevalent than before the last patch.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options