The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence bonus (BUG)

Pymad
Pymad
✭✭
It clearly seems that the bonus (+50% damage per target hit) is not applied on the dark convergence set.
I didn't test it in PvP but in PvE (Skyreach), on 1 to 50+ target, it always do the same damage.
Edited by Pymad on November 19, 2021 3:22AM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about this because I don't use Dark Convergeance... but it is a PvP set, and it was broken before patch and being used to farm XP in places with lots of mobs. There's likely a new cap for NPC damage..?
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    It's bugged in both PvE and PvP with testing. There seems to be little to no scaling beyond 1 target.
    Other perect based increase with targets like Proximity Detonation are working still so its the set specifically.
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Not sure about this because I don't use Dark Convergeance... but it is a PvP set, and it was broken before patch and being used to farm XP in places with lots of mobs. There's likely a new cap for NPC damage..?

About the actual damage, I test the damage and there isn't even a cap. It displays 14K damage on set info and it deals exactly this damage on one, two or more targets. So I don't think this is a cap introduced but more an oversight. So the +50% doesn't apply at all.
    Edited by Pymad on January 20, 2022 1:57PM
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    i also tested the set in cyrodiil on more than 10 players and it seems like the scaling is not working properly. Even if you stack 15 players in it, the dmg doesnt go higher than 4-5k. And that with 7k+ spell dmg
    Edited by TheMightyRevan on November 5, 2021 4:35PM
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest... I'm kind of glad that the set isn't working anymore. xD

To be fair I understand that a lot of people enjoy using it and that it is a very effective set in PvP.
    Edited by GrahamJoyce on November 6, 2021 12:44PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest... I'm kind of glad that the set isn't working anymore. xD

To be fair I understand that a lot of people enjoy using it and that it is a very effective set in PvP.

It is indeed a bonus...to the patch
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not working correctly.
    It's bugged in both PvE and PvP, no scaling beyond 1 target.
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any info on when it will be fixed please ? Still nothing on today's patch note
    Edited by Pymad on November 15, 2021 5:32PM
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    Doesn’t work for me in dungeon mobs. I tried pvp but it was too hard to tell. The folks that can’t block or dodge roll are happy though.
    Light armored MagBlade, Mag Templar (healer), MagSorc, Hybrid DK, MagDen, and MagCro.
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    It definitely does not work, wether this is in pvp or pve. We now have to hope a reply from @ZOS_GinaBruno to know if they are aware of that bug and when it will be fixed ...
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    I did some video in Eldon Hollow this morning. The proc is not working. I proc off of Unnerving Boneyard and got little more than the ticks from that DOT with about 8 in the Dark Convergence zone.
    Light armored MagBlade, Mag Templar (healer), MagSorc, Hybrid DK, MagDen, and MagCro.
  • IRBB88
    IRBB88
    Soul Shriven
    Just thought I'd add some images to show what I'm seeing.
    Testing by selecting only The Precursor shows every time Dark Convergence does the same damage, even when grouped together with other targets. No apparent bonus.
    PC, NA.

x3rhmo1jxzu8.png
    jglqgm68u5bh.png
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    IRBB88 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd add some images to show what I'm seeing.
    Testing by selecting only The Precursor shows every time Dark Convergence does the same damage, even when grouped together with other targets. No apparent bonus.
    PC, NA.

x3rhmo1jxzu8.png
    jglqgm68u5bh.png

Thanks for providing some proof/examples.

Unfortunetaly, Dark Convergence is a lot more used in PvP (than PvE) and this isn't their priority ...
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    I use Dark Convergence in PvE and PvP. It is particularly useful when encountering mobs while running (no-vet) dungeons solo. Focusing up mobs is handy. The pull was stronger before the nerf and my DPS has gone down significantly on bosses with the damage nerf.

It is difficult to get good readouts during PvP mob v. mob encounters. I saw some testing the morning of the update. Groups of 6 were being pulled but the health damage was not significant. No damage though.
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I still use it in PvP for the pull. And this is still quite strong for it, probably even in PvE, especially when you are alone.
    Otherwise, a Vateshran Shield would deal same jobs but needed to be on a support.

But this set is made to smelt groups, and now, peoples just stay in it without punishment, that's a shame ...
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this set for PvE. The pull is still good but the damage from the pop has really fallen off and I have to think up some more ways of piling damage on :)

Those mobs won't kill themselves now will they?
    :smiley:
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damage is so low now, that you can ignore it (I use it in PVE).

Only makes sense to use it, if you beneffit from the pull.
    Pull enemies, spam puncturing strikes or fire breath.

I used it before on sorcerers too (daedric tomb, the 5 mines), but here the damage is so low meanwhile that I get better results using a cheap craftable set like torugs pact instead.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm it's busted on Xbox NA. Tested it 2 days ago and no matter how many enemies you catch with it, it always does the same damage. No scaling is being applied at all.
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    The nerf presumably happened because the pull and pop didn’t conform to how some like to play PvP.

In terms of this being a PvP only set, there are many 3 and 5 piece sets from PvP zones useful in PvE. PvP sets are not bound on pickup and are available at guild venders for those who don’t do PvP. Shortly after the new sets came out, I shopped around and picked up inferior pieces of the new sets so that I could make my own at a transmute sphere for 25 crystals per piece. Sets that proc only in PvP use the term “player” vs. “enemy”. Compare Vicious Death to Dark Convergence 5th piece descriptions. Even so, Vicious Death is still a good compliment to Juliano’s for PvE because of the 5th piece penetration.

I haven’t tested Proximity Detonation to see if damage still scales with each enemy in the blast zone. Perhaps all enemy count scaling is broken?

All that said, Dark Convergence does not currently perform as described and I look forward to it being fixed.
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    sbialkow wrote: »
    The nerf presumably happened because the pull and pop didn’t conform to how some like to play PvP.

In terms of this being a PvP only set, there are many 3 and 5 piece sets from PvP zones useful in PvE. PvP sets are not bound on pickup and are available at guild venders for those who don’t do PvP. Shortly after the new sets came out, I shopped around and picked up inferior pieces of the new sets so that I could make my own at a transmute sphere for 25 crystals per piece. Sets that proc only in PvP use the term “player” vs. “enemy”. Compare Vicious Death to Dark Convergence 5th piece descriptions. Even so, Vicious Death is still a good compliment to Juliano’s for PvE because of the 5th piece penetration.

I haven’t tested Proximity Detonation to see if damage still scales with each enemy in the blast zone. Perhaps all enemy count scaling is broken?

All that said, Dark Convergence does not currently perform as described and I look forward to it being fixed.

Yeah, you're right, and nobody said that is a PvP-only set, but only that it is probably more used in PvP than in PvE (and it was made for it). But, even if it wasn't, it makes no difference, they still do nothing. In PvP, we got a cancer meta with 1 month of Hrothgar bugged and even if it was huge, it takes them 1 month to fix it ... Today's maintenance : Nothing too ...

Anyway, this is what it is, they'll never change ... About enemy count scaling, I've tested other sets and skills such as Prox. Detonation and this works fine. The bug seems to only be on the Dark Convergence.
    Edited by Pymad on November 29, 2021 1:18PM
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Any idea when it will be fixed ?
    This set was implemented for a purpose it doesn't assume anymore ...
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    Has the Dark Convergence 50% increase per enemy in the radius been fixed?
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    sbialkow wrote: »
    Has the Dark Convergence 50% increase per enemy in the radius been fixed?

Unfortunately not ... Hope this will be fixed this year ...
    Edited by Pymad on January 17, 2022 5:33PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if the scale damage is additive or multiplicative? Like Plaguebreaker or Zaan?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the scale damage is additive or multiplicative? Like Plaguebreaker or Zaan?

its supposed to have the same scaling as plaguebreak (+50% dmg per target in radius), but this hasnt been working since the deadlands patch at least
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    I tested on 5 then 1 target dummies on January 18 and it still doesn’t work. I uploaded a video of the test to Youtube. I will test again after PS server maintenance.
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Would it be possible to know, at least, if this bug is investigated ? This has been going on for months and we don't even know if anyone is working on it or if it is known bug :/
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    I tested after the latest server maintenance (Jan 19). Dark is still broken. :-(
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for tagging, @Pymad.

I checked in with the Dev team and this has ben identified and fixed. The fix will appear in U33. After U33 launch, please tag again to confirm all is right on your side. Happy to pass feedback to our internal teams. Thanks.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 20, 2022 7:01AM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    About when is U33?