The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting for alts, advice

EnerG
EnerG
✭✭✭✭✭
I started going through my alts 1 by 1 and lving crafting, putting skill pts into the crafting and hirelings to prepare for the next annaversary event, for anyone who just has one crafter but extra time LEVEL THOSE ALTS OMG!!

I have 10 alts and I'm only 7 characters in and there are days im getting 8+ dreugh wax from hirelings and writs, I've made 8mil in the past month just selling the excess as Im not farming gear right now. Once Im done with lving all my alts you bet your arse Im making all 18 alots after this, If you have the free time or gold to buy/farm intracates DO IT, THIS IS YOUR SIGN!!

• Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are worried about earning master writs, you can leave any alt characters at stage 1 crafting for less hassle on your part, and less worries about certain high level materials. This is especially the case for the Anniversary event.

I’m not one to speak about staying casual, having over 90 9-trait crafters on six accounts, but there is no way anyone needs to go anywhere near those lengths to do well.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i do make new toons, the 2 crating upgrades i do try to prioritize are hirelings and the one that improves chances of getting tempers from decon

i dont like in all of my toons everyday to get the hireling mails, but its nice to get them regardless which toon im using that day (the only hireling most of my alts dont have is provisioning and alchemy, because you cant decon either of those lol)

i think they should give you a tiny tiny amount of skill line xp for provisioning and alchemy for just using foods/pots/poisons (less than actual crafting, but it would basically be equivalent to decon for everything else)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    Unless you are worried about earning master writs, you can leave any alt characters at stage 1 crafting for less hassle on your part, and less worries about certain high level materials. This is especially the case for the Anniversary event.

I’m not one to speak about staying casual, having over 90 9-trait crafters on six accounts, but there is no way anyone needs to go anywhere near those lengths to do well.

If the goal is to get gold improvement materials, you want to do your writs at maximum level, as that gives the highest drop chance of those.

If the goal is to have characters do just dailies for anniversary boxes, then yes, level 1 is fine. (And level 1 is fully self-sustainable as well, but the profit made is more than halved from doing them at max level)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

If the goal is to get gold improvement materials...

That’s true, although in my case, I have never sold writ rewards, and lived comfortably off the basic gold rewards from solving the quests. The only difference between gold rewards comes from character level, if below champion, not writ level.