The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Master writ not being recognized.

Chiaroscuro
Chiaroscuro
✭✭✭
pc-na.

Writ was for an epic dagger, training, trinimac, magnus gift, iirc.

Finished the make, wasted the mats, it didn't ping the quest. Useless dagger slathered in precious dreughs wax in my inventory. Unsure how common an issue this is but I'm bit worried to fulfill other writs now, truth told.

Curious why this might have happened or if anyone else has had a similar issue (the trait, the set, what exactly the factor basically)

Was a rather old writ, I'd come back to playing after an extended hiatus, but some of the others I'd fulfilled of similar age had worked fine. Weird an alarming.
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    if it was a bug report, then you would attach a screen of the dagger, writ, quest task to the post. We would look at them and tell you what you were wrong about. But there is nothing of this, and we only know that you were mistaken.
    [snip]

[edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on January 18, 2022 3:22PM
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was for a EPIC dagger, as you mentioned, and you used Dreugh Wax, that means you upgraded the weapon too much. You made it legendary instead of Epic, and as such, you have failed to meet the requirement of the writ.
    Options
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, epic is purple not gold
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    If it was for a EPIC dagger, as you mentioned, and you used Dreugh Wax, that means you upgraded the weapon too much. You made it legendary instead of Epic, and as such, you have failed to meet the requirement of the writ.

Um, dreugh wax is for Cloth, I guess he means tempering alloy for blacksmithing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options