The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

You're seriously leaving Dark Convergence in this game for ball groups?

EmperorIl
EmperorIl
✭✭✭✭
You said this set was designed to disrupt ball groups, but all you did was give them a tool to farm everyone with. You don't even have time to break free and blocking will not save you from their entire group bursting on you the second you are pulled in. And of course they lag you out so you have zero chance.

[snip] Pulling off walls, luring people into a ultimate, and ball groups. You took bad things AND MADE THEM WORSE! Not better. This set only serves the few, the rest of us are just fodder for their enjoyment. The rest of us pay money to support this game too. Do something about this ridiculous set NOW.

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on January 13, 2022 1:55PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    You said this set was designed to disrupt ball groups, but all you did was give them a tool to farm everyone with. You don't even have time to break free and blocking will not save you from their entire group bursting on you the second you are pulled in. And of course they lag you out so you have zero chance.

Do you care at ALL about Cyrodiil ZOS? Because it's a pathetic showing right now if you do. Trolls and ball groups use this set, period. Pulling off walls, luring people into a ultimate, and ball groups. You took bad things AND MADE THEM WORSE! Not better. This set only serves the few, the rest of us are just fodder for their enjoyment. The rest of us pay money to support this game too. Do something about this ridiculous set NOW.

Just to be clear, they put this set in to fight zerg's, not ball groups. It even said that in the patch notes when they released it. It is still a trash set that needs to go away though. ;)
    Edited by Kwoung on January 13, 2022 2:37AM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Do you care at ALL about Cyrodiil ZOS? Because it's a pathetic showing right now if you do. Trolls and ball groups use this set, period. Pulling off walls, luring people into a ultimate, and ball groups. You took bad things AND MADE THEM WORSE! Not better. This set only serves the few, the rest of us are just fodder for their enjoyment. The rest of us pay money to support this game too. Do something about this ridiculous set NOW.

Just to be clear, they put this set in to fight zerg's, not ball groups. It even said that in the patch notes when they released it. It is still a trash set that needs to go away though. ;)

Ball groups are zergs though. I would argue they are more like a hive mind then a bunch a solo players banding together into a mass.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭

Ball groups are zergs though. I would argue they are more like a hive mind then a bunch a solo players banding together into a mass.

They're the PvE trials group solution to PvP. :joy:

They:
    o Practice multiple times a week
    o Have defined sets for each "role"
    o Have defined skills for each "role"
    o Practice strats and comms coordination
    o Attempt to move as a team/unit
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ummm... no they aren't, not even slightly in the same class. To use real life examples...

Ball Group = Special Forces team ranging from the US Army Rangers to Seal Team 6 in skill level (max size 12 players, sometimes less)

Coordinated Group = Regular Army / Marines (max size 12 players, usually less)

Zerg = Pitchfork carrying mob (usual size 30-60 players)
    Edited by Kwoung on January 13, 2022 3:06AM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm... no they aren't, not even slightly in the same class.
    To use real life examples...
    Ball Group = Special Forces team ranging from the US Army Rangers to Seal Team 6 in skill level (max size 12 players, sometimes less)

Zerg is a hivemind alien and ball groups are a hivemind pvp group. Literally the same thing.

Solo players and gankers are the seal team 6 of eso.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ummm... no they aren't, not even slightly in the same class.
    To use real life examples...

Zerg is a hivemind alien and ball groups are a hivemind pvp group. Literally the same thing.

How exactly is a solo player a "team"? Anyways, whatever, you are mixing terms like so many do to meet their own ends. Most people know the difference between a zerg and a ball group, as does ZOS, and they specifically mentioned combating zergs when they released the set. Plaguebreaker was to combat ball groups because ZOS felt stopping them from spamming purge would have some sort of effect, which it didn't on Ball groups, but it is an awesome zerg killing set as well now.
    Edited by Kwoung on January 13, 2022 3:17AM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭

They're the PvE trials group solution to PvP. :joy:

They:
    o Practice multiple times a week
    o Have defined sets for each "role"
    o Have defined skills for each "role"
    o Practice strats and comms coordination
    o Attempt to move as a team/unit

exactly this, me as a somebody who plays in a know ballgroup on PC/EU can tell you its not the set which makes us strong.
    if you ask me, we would be even better without this set, it disturbs our movement and gameplay as much as the PuGs.

so go on remove the set, ballgroups will be happy too, the only once who get crippeled are range bombers and smalescalers.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't agree. Ball groups are far more organized than a normal zerg. Most people in zergs are just surfing and following the 20 man group, that's not the case with ball groups. Most are on coms, coordinating, and everything it's not people surfing the group and doing well. Why do you think most bomb clips are disorganized zergs caught with their pants down? None of them are actually organized and lots are just zerg-surfing. Meanwhile with ball groups they can farm keeps for hours if people kept pushing them and not effectively be combatted, because they're organized unlike your normal zerg.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How can you be solo and part of a team at the same time? They aren't the Navy Seal Solos, they're the Navy Seal Team.
    Ball groups are the Protoss, quality versus quantity. Zergs overwhelm with numbers, and tactical coordination is not what comes to mind when talking about a swarm of Zergs.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who cares, the set is stupid and it needs to go away. Pulling off walls is enough to make it happen. You can't even defend.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball Groups are more like Protoss death balls. They're super durable, super tough, and in the hands of a skilled player invincible without advanced counter tactics. Even shows that in the cinematics with them facing off outnumbered against the Zerg.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with Dark Convergence is that the fix to it didn't fully it fix it. It still pulls you when you are at least 5m outside of its radius and it can still pull you off walls. Both of those issues have not been fully resolved. Fixing those would make the set better in PVP from my experience. I don't die at all from DC anymore, other than the wall pull which is fall damage not DC killing me.