The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Immunity Inside Quest Giver Locations

ealdwin
ealdwin
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a small suggestion, but why not provide the "purple glow" immunity to players when they enter buildings that contain quest givers in towns in Cyrodiil. It's not like the inside of those buildings those are campaign objectives or really quality fighting locations to begin with. If anything it would reduce the number of PVE-focused people who complain during Whitestrake's Mayhem about being ganked at quest locations.

It's an idea.
Edited by ealdwin on January 17, 2022 9:20PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think some of the problem is that not all of the cyro town quest givers are actually inside of the buildings

vlastarus has 1 quest giver inside a building and 1 outside right next to one of the flags

it would be too trolly to include a sanctuary style buff around the quest giver right next to one of the flags to capture the town

this also would not help if you got ganked on the outskirts of the town as you were leaving town to do the quest, or returning to town to turn the quest in
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with buildings isn't that you can get ganked. It's that you can get ganked while in a transition. That's why ZOS took the doors off of resource towers.

You can get ganked at a quest giver standing in the open, but then you can back out of dialogue and defend yourself. You can get ganked coming in or leaving town and still be able to defend yourself. That's all intended. Ganking is fine, intended gameplay.

But inside buildings? I'd like to see better consistency from ZOS. Either remove the transition doors from questgivers like they did for resource towers, or add the Sanctuary effect inside like they do for spots in Imperial City. Either we need to be able to defend ourselves without being stuck in a transition or we need to be safe during that transition.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trolls would take scrolls into the buildings so that they could not be killed to return the scroll.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, I don't think any type of immunity open world is a good idea. People already abuse immunity spots in IC and battlegrounds. People often sit in their spawns spots and spam attacks from immunity and you're not able to hit them because they run back and forth between their immune areas. I can imagine ZOS would enable this same behavior in cyrodiil, which could lead to even more annoying ganking or range spamming thats uncounterable
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Too easy for people to escape legitimate combat, hide and troll others. Losing a fight? Don’t want to ruin that perfect kill streak? Just run into a safe house and port to IC.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.