Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What causes long loading screens?

Contos
Contos
✭✭
What causes long loading screens from MY side? Not from the game or server side.
What can I do in-game, and what should I upgrade in my pc to decrease load times?
I know this is a topic old as the game itself and I'm sure there are other threads like this but I couldn't find any other than the ones whining about long loading screens and ask continously when they will be fixed ect. I'm not really interested in that regard, pleae avoid that here.
I know add-ons cause them, and ssd helps the most. What else should I do?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 13, 2022 11:26PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recently got the “long loading screen” on my PS5 for the first time. I thought I had left that behind.

Can’t be caused by add-ons, since we don’t have them, and I have an SSD.

Also, OP is asking about long loading screens, not infinite ones, so the suggested topics above are not entirely applicable.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @katanagirl1

The troubleshooting for what is considered an "infinite" loading screen will still apply for extremely long loading screens as well, since in both cases the issue is usually related to add-on issues, graphical settings, or missing/corrupted game files.
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had another one today, and when I finally got out of it 1-2 minutes later my toon was stuck in the wayshrine. I had to log out, close app, and relog.

I used to get long loading screens a lot on PS4 Pro but only these two lately on PS5. Usually the load times are just a few seconds. I am getting concerned about this and the number of freezes (20-30 seconds sometimes) and disconnects in the last few weeks.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @katanagirl1

Just to confirm, have you went through the troubleshooting posted earlier in the thread?
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @katanagirl1

Just to confirm, have you went through the troubleshooting posted earlier in the thread?

The first one was N/A, specifically PC targeted.

I didn’t power cycle router or delete game save data. If I am having trouble with issues I usually ask in guild chat and others are having the same issues as well, so it seems unlikely that it is just my console. The disconnects are always in Cyrodiil Gray Host campaign.

It does seem like today’s maintenance has made the game much more stable today. So that’s good news :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @katanagirl1

Thanks for the update. If you start running into loading issues again, please feel free to start a thread in the Playstation Technical Support forum.
    Staff Post