The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

please rework stealth..

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
Hey uum this isnt about nightblades cloak ability. it is about the crouching stealth mechanic. It is useful in pve for the most part but when i do pve its basically ineffective. Keep guards are able to reveal me from miles away it seems and when that happens it takes forever for me to go back into stealth even if i break line of sight. Stealth pots help but thats not what i wanted to use them for... idk if my detection radius is too large??? im playing a surprise attack type stam dk and figured that the crouch mechanic isnt all it could be after leveling medium armor and becoming a vampire
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneak attacking is currently broken. It used to deal an insane amount of bonus damage versus NPC threats but that bonus damage is no longer applying. It'll still be a guaranteed critical strike and stun, but it won't one shot.

This being said the reason for the long duration to enter sneak is due to balance. Vampire is the only way to enter it faster so if you already have the passive that's as good as it'd get. I'd try to get some practice in experimenting with the NPC detection ranges in delves and stuff and try to see how far you can push the mechanics. It's not completely worthless in PvE it just takes getting used to and learning the limits.

Also don't wear too much heavy armor as it makes your detection range bigger.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you have the champion points and Blade of Woe, there's a champion perk you can use to use the Blade of Woe consistently, even while still in combat. It's honestly quite fun if ya wanna just mess around with a stealth assassin guy.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the blade of woe tip

and yeah ive been playing this character for about a week now i think and the problem is sometimes if i am revealed i cant re-enter the unrevealed state if say i lost the enemy player or the nps enemy was preoccupied by a different player .... i get you cant just duck a corner pretend to be a bush and call that balanced but idk lol
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Sneak attacking is currently broken. It used to deal an insane amount of bonus damage versus NPC threats but that bonus damage is no longer applying. It'll still be a guaranteed critical strike and stun, but it won't one shot.

Yes, and what is up with that???

How can this remain broken for so long?

• ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Yes, and what is up with that???

How can this remain broken for so long?

I don't know in all honesty but it wouldn't be the first time. That being said the times it has happened before it was fixed really quickly so something they can't quite catch has broken it this time around. Can only speculate though.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the cyrodiil guards can see through stealth (but i dont think its full anti-stealth like the ones in the thieves guild heists), so invisibility still works (normal crouch stealth and invisibility are slightly different)

they have some kind of passive that greatly jacks up their detection radius, so unless you have full invis like cloak or pots, you cant get close to them in stealth

i usually dont have too much issue with going back to stealth unless i got fully revealed and its still thinking im in combat after running awhile cause a guard was chasing

if you just get revealed but get out of aggro range of NPC without combat occurring it usually isnt a problem
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    thanks i will do that
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    For my sneak build I use:
    4* Darloc Brae
    3* Night Terror
    5* Night Mother's Embrace (weapons + jewels if you plan to test/use Shadow Dancer (light armor))
    alternativ
    5* Shadow Dancer's Raiment (weapons + jewels)

All body parts invigorating
    Jewels swift, stamina recovery enchantement
    Use channeled acceleration for speed buff. This skill don't bring you out of sneak!
    Green Champion Point "Out of Sight"
    Green Champion Point "Fleet Phantom" (not needed with Shadow Dancer)
    Green Champion Point "Cutpurse's Art" when I plan a longer thief spree

All sets are Overland Sets and therefore also available from guild stores.
    With Night Mothers You are nearly invisible. You can sneak ~1 m in front of a guard.
    With Shadow Dancer it's a little bit more.(#1)
    You can sneak nearly endles with the cost reduction and the recovery.
    "Essence of Invisibility" (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Blessed Thistle) for 15 seconds vanish and speed buff is usefull in some situations. ;)

With this setup, the daily quests of the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are almost child's play :#

Greeting, Welanduz

(#1) The dections radius reduction with Shadow Dancer (2+2+3=7m), should be 2m less than with Night mothers of (2+2+2+3=9m) or nothing if the dection radius is already negativ. I haven't found a source that would tell me what the normal radius is, but it makes a difference. Not 2m but also not nothing
    Das Leben ist einfach zu kurz um es wirklich ernst zu nehmen!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welanduz wrote: »
    For my sneak build I use:
    4* Darloc Brae
    3* Night Terror
    5* Night Mother's Embrace (weapons + jewels if you plan to test/use Shadow Dancer (light armor))
    alternativ
    5* Shadow Dancer's Raiment (weapons + jewels)

All body parts invigorating
    Jewels swift, stamina recovery enchantement
    Use channeled acceleration for speed buff. This skill don't bring you out of sneak!
    Green Champion Point "Out of Sight"
    Green Champion Point "Fleet Phantom" (not needed with Shadow Dancer)
    Green Champion Point "Cutpurse's Art" when I plan a longer thief spree

All sets are Overland Sets and therefore also available from guild stores.
    With Night Mothers You are nearly invisible. You can sneak ~1 m in front of a guard.
    With Shadow Dancer it's a little bit more.(#1)
    You can sneak nearly endles with the cost reduction and the recovery.
    "Essence of Invisibility" (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Blessed Thistle) for 15 seconds vanish and speed buff is usefull in some situations. ;)

With this setup, the daily quests of the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are almost child's play :#

Greeting, Welanduz

(#1) The dections radius reduction with Shadow Dancer (2+2+3=7m), should be 2m less than with Night mothers of (2+2+2+3=9m) or nothing if the dection radius is already negativ. I haven't found a source that would tell me what the normal radius is, but it makes a difference. Not 2m but also not nothing

i run a similar build to this

5pc darloc brae
    3pc night terror
    ring of the wild hunt (speed bonus applies in stealth too)

i negate move speed by being a vampire, and 5pc of darloc brae helps restore stats so i can spam cloak as much as i need or just sneak indefinitely (sneak cost is only like 10, but with the darloc brae restore it will never run low ever)

using the cp for move speed out of combat (green slottable) + concealed weapon buff + wild hunt ring i am basically speed capped in stealth due to vampire negating the sneak penalty

thieves guild heists are insanely easy (they give you 8 min timer for perfect rewards and i can sometimes finish the mission in 90 seconds)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014