The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP. What I see.

Off_The_Chain
No need.
Edited by Off_The_Chain on September 7, 2023 4:56PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you (or your group, since you mention running with a group) not using Plaguebreak or Detonation as a counter to Purges?

ZOS introduced Plaguebreak specifically for that purpose. And when enough players run it consistently, it is a strong deterrent to Purge spamming from ball groups.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 11, 2022 7:30PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is understanding however I love PvP. Even broken PvP. Everyone has access to the same add-ons. I've only needed ones that help with destinations an rapids on mounts but respect those that enjoy watching a math class during combat. Only one hate here an that is against LAG. A thousand plagues on LAG!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you (or your group, since you mention running with a group) not using Plaguebreak or Detonation as a counter to Purges?

ZOS introduced Plaguebreak specifically for that purpose. And when enough players run it consistently, it is a strong deterrent to Purge spamming from ball groups.

plaguebreak is definitely strong anti-purge

i know people who pvp with guilds as a healer who basically never run the alliance war purge anymore because its all over the place

in reference to the OP, i personally only relatively casual pvp, mostly running solo or occasional zerg surfing, but plague combined with poison injection really puts a lot of pressure on people, you purge and i instantly reapply plague, keep purging and i keep reapplying since there is effectively no cooldown (plague can be applied to 1 target per attack, regardless if it is an aoe, as long as there is a valid target not afflicted by plague)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on January 11, 2022 11:02PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know people who pvp with guilds as a healer who basically never run the alliance war purge anymore because its all over the place

in reference to the OP, i personally only relatively casual pvp, mostly running solo or occasional zerg surfing, but plague combined with poison injection really puts a lot of pressure on people, you purge and i instantly reapply plague, keep purging and i keep reapplying since there is effectively no cooldown (plague can be applied to 1 target per attack, regardless if it is an aoe, as long as there is a valid target not afflicted by plague)

Ball groups don't run purge anymore as far as I know. Or at least not purge bots
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ball groups don't run purge anymore as far as I know. Or at least not purge bots

that is my experience too, most of the "purges" usually come from warden or templar now (primarily aimed at self)

its very hard to tell usually if a player died from explosion due to someone else purging or purging self at low hp in a large fight lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that is my experience too, most of the "purges" usually come from warden or templar now (primarily aimed at self)

its very hard to tell usually if a player died from explosion due to someone else purging or purging self at low hp in a large fight lol

Unless you run in a group that has sworn off purging.

It is always some low health rando that ruins the defense or offense by either dying or purging near your group, thus wiping the nearest players and handing the other faction a win. I am still pretty convinced there are opposite faction players logging into my alliance to do it on purpose to support their main faction. It is the easiest "cheat" in the game right now, follow a zerg, ball group or whatever, and spam purge on them. Just last week someone was doing it and zone chat blew up calling him out and asking him to stop, yet he just kept coming back and doing it again, and again, and again.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After removing a few posts, we would like to remind everyone to keep the discussion on topic, and within the Forum's Community Rules. Bashing and Baiting are both against the Community Rules and generally non-constructive. Moving forward, please keep the Community Rules in mind.
    Staff Post
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And it happened again last night in PCNA GH... some troll followed us around for like an hour spamming purge on us constantly and dropping the purge synergy as well while his buddies kept casting Plaguebreak. Total [snip] gameplay, the set needs to go.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2022 6:10PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    And it happened again last night in PCNA GH... some troll followed us around for like an hour spamming purge on us constantly and dropping the purge synergy as well while his buddies kept casting Plaguebreak. Total [snip] gameplay, the set needs to go.

The meta since those sets hit PvP has been pretty unsportsmanlike, for sure. (meaning Dark Convegence and Plaguebreak)

I just hope the devs that gave us these sets ARE NOT the same devs that are, allegedly, working on the base code.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2022 6:11PM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth noting that the last time that 'the meta' was this awful it was revealed that certain toxic elements had been running some pretty horrific exploits and chests for months now. Not to mention all manner of scrubby antics like stream sniping, sending troll alts in to try and ruin PUG groups so guild leaders would quit the game, and using alts on other team to help them 'win'

Things got so blatant that there were several youtube channels glorifying these trashy antics. Which provoked ZOS into a frenzy of takedown attempts on that platform.

Anyone else remember the 'russian hackers' Z axis hacking their way under keep walls so they could shoot people but not be seen? Or the guy whose entire youtube channel was him stream sniping and then stealing the streamers content to post on his own channel?

Then there was the population exploit that was revealed to have been going on for over a year.....

Now some of those same toxic elements are apparently back in game. Thus bringing into question the legitimacy of some things that veer eerily close to 'creative pro game play' that's been seen in the past.

On the other hand khajiit feels both Hrothgar and Plague Breaker aren't to bad. The issue is of course certain toxic elements abusing things and ZOS refusing to crack down. Which would be an issue regardless of whatever set they're exploiting this month.

Dark convergence on the other hand....remains problematic not just due to exploiting scrubs, but performance issues allowing it to operate far outside its purpose. They should at least give it the same hard Z axis and LOS restrictions as a gap closer, or pull, and why they didn't is beyond Telel.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Worth noting that the last time that 'the meta' was this awful it was revealed that certain toxic elements had been running some pretty horrific exploits and chests for months now. Not to mention all manner of scrubby antics like stream sniping, sending troll alts in to try and ruin PUG groups so guild leaders would quit the game, and using alts on other team to help them 'win'

Things got so blatant that there were several youtube channels glorifying these trashy antics. Which provoked ZOS into a frenzy of takedown attempts on that platform.

Anyone else remember the 'russian hackers' Z axis hacking their way under keep walls so they could shoot people but not be seen? Or the guy whose entire youtube channel was him stream sniping and then stealing the streamers content to post on his own channel?

Then there was the population exploit that was revealed to have been going on for over a year.....

Now some of those same toxic elements are apparently back in game. Thus bringing into question the legitimacy of some things that veer eerily close to 'creative pro game play' that's been seen in the past.

On the other hand khajiit feels both Hrothgar and Plague Breaker aren't to bad. The issue is of course certain toxic elements abusing things and ZOS refusing to crack down. Which would be an issue regardless of whatever set they're exploiting this month.

Dark convergence on the other hand....remains problematic not just due to exploiting scrubs, but performance issues allowing it to operate far outside its purpose. They should at least give it the same hard Z axis and LOS restrictions as a gap closer, or pull, and why they didn't is beyond Telel.

Cyrodiil is way more toxic now with the crazy low population caps, and these players are able to have a super sized influence on the map and campaign now. It's gotten to be a pretty serious situaiton that I hope ZOS looks into more. There is tons of cross faction cooperation now too. Again, the super low population caps means that just a handful of toxic sweaty try hards working together on different factions can rule the day.

We have to have higher population caps and participation to solve this issue. And we can't get higher populations and participation until ZOS fixes lag and other performance issues.

"We're working on it" is now my most hated phrase and I will forever be skeptical of anyone uttering those words.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on January 16, 2022 4:45PM