The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dual Spec Templar - DPS/Healer Question

bmw
bmw
✭✭
With enough skill points I know this is possible but how do you handle the champion points? Do you have to respec them every time you go from healer to dps??

Any tips or pointers?
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm somewhere around 1450 CP now, which gives me one flex star. As a healer I'm using Enlivening Overflow, From the Brink, Biting Aura and Master-at-Arms. Things like 10% more healing are not even needed outside of some hard modes and boosting AoE damage works for jabs, orb, shards, wall of elements; pretty much every damage source I have outside of light attacks. At around 1600 CP it's possible to simply swap the healing branch stars without using the armory or paying for respec. Until then, armory is the way.

Another tip is using SPC in place of Julianos. Something like 6% less crit but it provides more magicka and spell damage if nobody else buffs you with major courage. If you don't have all the equipment yet, SPC can work for both roles.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armory.

Pure and simple,. Set one build as DPS and the other as Healer. Job done.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, 1 dps build, 1 healer then use the armoury assistant if and when needed
  • bmw
    bmw
    ✭✭
    Is armory assistant an addon? Does it also handle swapping the champion points automatically?
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The respec requirement went away with CP 2.0 because (if you have enough CP) you can just change slottable CP for free.

For a mag dps anything but the last ten percent difference you just need to flip gear to healing gear and switch the skill bar.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • bmw
    bmw
    ✭✭
    So right now I am set up with dps armor and dps CP's. I have a healing set I set up in the addon dressing room so its easy to switch when I want to heal on certain days. Can I use the dps CP's to heal so I dont always have to resec the CP's?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmw wrote: »
    Is armory assistant an addon? Does it also handle swapping the champion points automatically?

Yea it does he Is an in game assistant
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cost 6k crowns
  • bmw
    bmw
    ✭✭
    Great, just got him! Thanks all!
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just pick the generic CP stars giving stats etc for the green and red tree. In the blue one, just swap two pen/dps stars for two healing stars when needed
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armory can change everything except mundus. I'd just stick with apprentice for more spell power which helps both healing and damage.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo