The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How did you learn to DPS?

MudcrabAttack
MudcrabAttack
✭✭✭✭
How did you learn to do the thing?

By watching videos? Getting help from other players? Trial and error?

Light attack weaving or heavy weaving: do you do it, and at what point did you start doing it?

Personally I started with trial and error for years, then went to online sources, watched videos of meta builds, and it took me a long while to do light attack weaving around skills. I was RPing years before getting into PVE. DPS was a very awkward thing to do at the start, and took months to get used to. But now I can light attack weave without using any thought, it’s a built-in reflex.

The issue I’m running into is trying to help friends who want to learn dps in a brief explanation. It’s like trying to give them a crash course on flying a plane. I was a very patient player when learning, and didn’t mind spending months to get adequate at weaving light attacks around skills. But what might be a good fast-track method to learn DPSing? I found out that you can build very decent DPS without any weapon attacks at all, save for an occasional heavy attack:

https://www.esologs.com/reports/Gv3qWJHmzMyAftRQ#fight=last&type=damage-done&source=1

In light of this, does it even make sense to focus on weaving at the start? I’m starting to think perhaps a rotation of skills is more important to learn initially.

As a reference I’m in my fourties, played FPS games for years, and the old coffee addled brain doesn’t take change very well. Every new thing beyond pointing and shooting takes a while to learn. The friends I want to help are also my age, sort of, but not as patient since they aren’t as invested in the game as I was.
Edited by MudcrabAttack on January 12, 2022 5:33AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I would argue that the most important thing to learn early on is block, dodge-roll and interrupt. Even with bad DPS that'll get you a long way.

The other bit depends. If you have the mindset to spend ages parsing on dummies doing light/skill/light/skill then add in a skill or two and then bar swaps whilst looking at data then great. If you need an insta-result option then build a one bar stamplar and learn jabs/light/jabs/light whilst pasting bosses. After that you can add in other skills and bar swaps.

The nice thing about the stamplar is you really can get to the point of feeling like you are death incarnate without mastering the complex rotations of other classes, so it's a good motivating way to learn. It's still my favourite build for playing in brain-off relaxing mode.

Too many toons not enough time
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    The way I help people learn to weave and animation cancel is to;
    1. Get a cheap spam ability and only LA/ability until you understand how it looks and feels. Knowing the abilities
    animation and when to cancel is the most important.
    2. When it gets easy to cancel the spam skill, use a Dot on the same bar and add a LA after.
    3. Put the Dot on your back bar and after doing a couple LA/ability front bar switch to back bar and use Dot followed by a
    LA then swap to front bar and start over.

After a while it becomes muscle memory and you can start adding more skills.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone told me how things scaled shortly before Summerset came out with the Psijic Skill line. When I got ahold of Imbue weapon it forced me to light attack weave, and by light attack weaving my damage and skills improved. Then I got ahold of the Clockwork target dummy and kept practicing on it over and over again. I refined my techniques from there.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Ciotola
    Ciotola
    ✭✭✭
    I learned to do dps by not indulging a bug never corrected by the beta: I tank
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s like trying to give them a crash course on flying a plane.
    What a terribly perfect analogy.

I think most people learned it by accident with bar swap cancel being the first to jump out at you and going from there.

It's still not as intuitive as I think it should be, and would still like to see something in game to help people correct minor timing issues.

Not everyone is going to pour through metrics logs and translate that into actionable data. While you can try to explain it all day long, sadly, it's one of those things that just suddenly has to "click."

Then, once you know it, you can't un-know it, but passing on that to others isn't so easy to do.

For the ones doing it wrong, they're going to be doing it wrong in their own way. I haven't seen someone that can train another without a lot of time involved, and not everyone is going to Patreon the likes of Liko for $300, no matter how much your DPS goes up.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't weave... I spam skills nonstop then heavy attack when low. Don't care what anyone thinks of my damage, it's all about the shinies and pretty colors!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I learned by playing. Sure, when I finished leveling up guildmates helped me with my build as I was new to the game but it takes practice to do it well.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my case when teaching noobs i start with figuring out a basic skill rotation without making them practice it.

First i have them practice on the dummy just weaving spammable and LA.

Once they have that reasonably down i have them add their second skill. Then the third, then the fourth and so on untill they have a full rotation.

Within a few hours, assuming gear and other requisite stats are addressed, they will have a perfectly functional dps for vet content.

Not earning any skins but its a great start.

After that just play through base game content and world bosses so they get used to doing the full rotation on enemies while under fire.

After that i send them to vet maelstrom.

They dont have to beat it, but the arena WILL make you a better player in terms of mechanic, enemy pressure, and general reaction times.

After that theyre on their own. Gotta research and optimise to get better.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By joining a guild and realising pretty quickly that me thinking I was good because I could do overland no problem actually meant my DPS was about 7k

These days the first thing I tell people when they ask how they can improve their dps is to slow down with hitting buttons. GCD is only 1 second so if you hit two skills in that time you are wasting your time.

If they have a set with stacks like rele, I tell them to put it on (doesn't matter what traits as long as they have 5 pieces) and then slow right down just doing a light attack and a spammable and watch that they can keep the 10 stacks up at a really slow speed. Doesn't need to be against a dummy, it could just be facing a wall if the spammable allows.

Once you can do that add in another skill into the rotation, then another etc. After you have that you can start trying to speed it up to get to around 55 or so skills a minute

Usually people have farmed sets because they have read they are BIS, but don't get much out of them because of things like having to keep stacks up, or with Bahsei having to keep magicka low and so on. Not everyone is a theorybuilder (including me) so I can understand that, but can help with the bit they can control, their practice on their rotation.
    Soupy twist
  • UglyTriangle
    UglyTriangle
    ✭✭✭
    I learned from other people. A guildie took the time to help me understand gear and skill setups, then gave me the rotation to practice with on the dummy. I was parsing all the time until I finally hit a point where I was getting stuck around 85k-ish. I had to watch a few videos to understand how to correctly LA weave (text descriptions didn't make sense for LA weaving on a controller).

Personally, I had a big learning curve coming from a different MMO that I played for over a decade. It was rocky to fully grasp the different combat system - IMO it takes time to get it. Not sure that there's really a quick way to boil it down to where someone can pick it up and run.
    Bobo the Cowardly | Warden | Healer/MagDPS
    Spooky-Scary-Skeletons | Necromancer | MagDPS
    Incoherent-Screeching | Nightblade | MagDPS
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I learned it by watching a couple of videos and lots and lots of practicing. Just like you, I'm coming from a FPS background, played Quake 3 on a competitive level back in the days, so my hand-eye coordination and reflexes are still ok for my age (I'm older than you are ;)). Still, ESO is different because it is a combination of muscle memory, endurance and awareness instead of just reflexes.
    Combat metrics, LA helper and combat metronome proved to be quite helpful to improve my rotation. The ability to analyze your logs and spot potential weaknesses like lost light attacks ins invaliable. Bit by bit, I worked my way up from 50-60 like 2 years ago to 80 and 90 and eventually 110 these days. It is a difficult process though and without a decent amount of patience, I don't think it's possible.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i played LA2 20 years ago, DPS consisted of using same ability over and over. The only way to improve DPS was to improve equipment, and it had a chance to fail and destroy it in the process.
    Then i moved to RFO, there characters had several abilities with cooldowns. After hundreds of hours of mob grind, i noticed i can use more abilities if i use those with short cooldowns first and those with long cooldowns second. That game also had very powerful healing potions on 3 sec cooldown, so if someone wanted to kill an enemy - they needed to do good DPS, otherwise enemy would just heal - it was a very good incentive for everyone to improve their DPS.
    Then, coming to ESO, i learned to appreciate DoTs - they do way more damage per cast than direct damage abilities, it was a new thing for me.
    I do the most DPS on my healer - around 20k single target on a boss.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my thoughts on being a damage dealer in any mmo game. Play a healer or tank first. Learn all the mechanics of dungeons, trials, etc... it will make being a damage dealer easier.

Once you get comfortable as a support player create a damage dealer build with proper gear, stats, etc.. than go to a parsing target to learn rotation of abilities with light attacks. Person doesn't need to spend hours on end at the sparing target but long enough to know their rotation and how to be fairly effective with light weaving. since lag can mess up anyone rotation.

That player will be a decent damage dealer because they will know the content mechanics and know their rotation. Knowing mechanics is IMO is the most important part of being a damage dealer because when you are dead you damage output is zero. And having played a few different MMO games and playing mainly as support I've picked up my fair share of damage dealers that simply spent more time dead than alive but where great when they weren't dead but died a lot because they cared more about their rotation than doing mechanics.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland questing, PvP, occasional normal dungeons where I would died over and over.... all of this back when ESO launched on PS4. I actually had to follow combat mechanics in Overland (for Vet Rank zones) because proc sets, infinite resources, and inflated character stats didn't exist.

Now I have all the trial trifectas including Planesbreaker.... my experience was pretty much the ideal way to play imo. I just had fun and got better and better until I accomplished everything. This is not the experience new players will have. I feel they will mostly have to watch tons of eso videos and dps parse like it’s their second job before they can even join progs :/
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Combat metrics, LA helper and combat metronome proved to be quite helpful to improve my rotation. The ability to analyze your logs and spot potential weaknesses like lost light attacks ins invaliable. Bit by bit, I worked my way up from 50-60 like 2 years ago to 80 and 90 and eventually 110 these days. It is a difficult process though and without a decent amount of patience, I don't think it's possible.

As a console user - monitoring relequens stacks and then parsing on the dummy was my LA helper and combat metronome lol. I would love a few more tools to help with that on console, but I don't think that likely

Soupy twist
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was struggling with clearing vet maelstrom arena so I started watching Deltia to get a better understanding of how I could improve.

After that, clearing the arena 100+ times for a single fire staff drop helped me become a better player.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a console user - monitoring relequens stacks and then parsing on the dummy was my LA helper and combat metronome lol. I would love a few more tools to help with that on console, but I don't think that likely

Get a metronome app for your smartphone and set it to a 1 second click or ping. It really helps. :)
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a breakthrough today, doing much as has been suggested here and by my awesome encouraging guildies! <3

I put aside all thoughts of DPS, only focused on I’m going to finally learn this light attack weaving and so just hit my LA then spammable each GCD, click-boom, click-boom, felt like I was standing there watching the combat metronome bar more than actually doing anything but it made me finally get it and then I added in a few more skills from that bar, then bar swapping. In just one day I’ve gone from a panicked turbo-clicked hand-cramping 45k to a steady sustainable 60k.

Every parse my numbers are tighter; with more practice and gear optimization, I think I’ll actually do alright! B)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 14, 2022 7:04AM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Get a metronome app for your smartphone and set it to a 1 second click or ping. It really helps. :)

Yep do that too - Currently my rate is 56 - I miss LA at 60 as I am a jabby stamplar and that 0.8s channel is a killer
    Soupy twist
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Yep do that too - Currently my rate is 56 - I miss LA at 60 as I am a jabby stamplar and that 0.8s channel is a killer

57 BPM is about as high as you will want to go on console. But even on magplar I feel better about 56. I’ve pushed MagDK and Stamden to 58 a few times but ground based dots can sometimes miss if you aren’t exact with the timing especially if you bar swap cancel the animations or if you take a synergy right afterwards. Necro faces a similar issue with boneyard and Templar with shards. At 56 everything will land, at 57 you need to check the synergy thing at 58 you better be right on the money.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a breakthrough today, doing much as has been suggested here and by my awesome encouraging guildies! <3

I put aside all thoughts of DPS, only focused on I’m going to finally learn this light attack weaving and so just hit my LA then spammable each GCD, click-boom, click-boom, felt like I was standing there watching the combat metronome bar more than actually doing anything but it made me finally get it and then I added in a few more skills from that bar, then bar swapping. In just one day I’ve gone from a panicked turbo-clicked hand-cramping 45k to a steady sustainable 60k.

Every parse my numbers are tighter; with more practice and gear optimization, I think I’ll actually do alright! B)

Sees Araneae6537 light attack weaving.
    "What are they doing?"
    "They're beginning to believe."
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm too casual (lazy) to improve my DPS. I only play as a healer in dungeons.