The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

change DK stagger

ArticD
ArticD
Soul Shriven
Now DK tanks using stagger to debuff bosses but this skill not intended for this role. I want ZoS to change this skill to make it more comfortable for tanks or add some mechanic to make it useful only for dds. Also you can change other morph because it's useless at all. One of them for dds and one for tanks. For tank role you can decrease cost or make it mana costing, remove cast time for first use and increase debuff duration. For dd role you can save this skill as it is now.
Edited by ArticD on January 12, 2022 6:13PM
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah stagger should have require having a certain amount of max stamina or weapon damage to get it's full value, but at this point class identity is kinda of irrelevant since everyone is now just copy and paste gear after the gear hybridization.

The only exception being if you are in the top 1% of raiders and min max your set combinations, in which case yeah, your DK tank will be proccing Stagger.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Essentially any ability at all which can apply a buff to the entire group, or a debuff that benefits the entire group, is shoehorned as "support".

It's hard to say stone fist was even intended to be used by stam DPS outside of soloing.

The devs make a lot of abilities and sets apparently aimed for giving DPS more options, but they end up making more work for the support roles instead.
    PC NA
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    i use that skill on my stealthknight as a ranged dps utility and never thought it needed to be changed you havent given any good examples of what a good thing to change it to would be as for the suggestion to get rid of the healing morph i dont even want to talk about why that would suck for dk healers...
  • ArticD
    ArticD
    Soul Shriven
    Sparxlost wrote: »
    i use that skill on my stealthknight as a ranged dps utility and never thought it needed to be changed you havent given any good examples of what a good thing to change it to would be as for the suggestion to get rid of the healing morph i dont even want to talk about why that would suck for dk healers...

I told that most often this skill is used by DK tanks because stam DK is not popular in pve at all. What about healers DK is most strange choice for this role it's unpopular too. Even if you are DK healer this skill is not useful. So I proposed to rework this skill to make it more comfortable for its frequently usage.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only problem with the healing morph is the target requirement to use and travel time.

Stone giant has issues for sure, but stagger is not one of them. I mean the skill has personality issues. Part AOE, part single target, part ranged, part melee, part stun, parts that don't stun, part cast time, part instance (well travel time instant not Veiled Strike instant). Not to mention it looks like a flaming ball of poop.

Would be happy if they would just get rid of the cast time. Makes the skill clunky to use.

Stay safe :)