Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way for me to move the "live" folder to another drive?

Adonexus
Adonexus
✭✭
Hello, I would like to keep my game files separate from the C drive on my laptop. How can I move the "live" folder from my Documents to my D drive?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 26, 2022 12:31AM
PC NA
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest taking backup of your folder first ofc
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Adonexus
    Adonexus
    ✭✭
    daim wrote: »

I cant seem to get this to work correctly.

The original location of the live folder is C:\Users\gsoto\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live

I want to link that to my folder in F:\ESO Live Folder

I entered this into the cmd: mklink /D "C:\Users\gsoto\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live" "F:\ESO Live Folder"

first I entered this while I still had the original live folder and the new empty live folder - command prompt said it couldnt create a folder that was already made

then I removed the original live folder and attempted to link it to the new live folder location - command prompt sait it couldnt find the path specified.

What am I doing wrong?
    PC NA
  • Adonexus
    Adonexus
    ✭✭
    Nevermind, I figured it out. Thank you
    PC NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adonexus wrote: »
    daim wrote: »

I cant seem to get this to work correctly.

The original location of the live folder is C:\Users\gsoto\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live

I want to link that to my folder in F:\ESO Live Folder

I entered this into the cmd: mklink /D "C:\Users\gsoto\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live" "F:\ESO Live Folder"

first I entered this while I still had the original live folder and the new empty live folder - command prompt said it couldnt create a folder that was already made

then I removed the original live folder and attempted to link it to the new live folder location - command prompt sait it couldnt find the path specified.

What am I doing wrong?
    You need to *move* the "live" folder to its new location. i.e. just use Windows Explorer to cut-and-paste it from its installed location to F:\, then rename it to "ESO Live Folder". When you're done with this, "C:\Users\gsoto\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live" should no longer exist, and "F:\ESO Live Folder" should exist and should contain all your game data. You can then successfully use the linking command.

Just remember to make a backup copy somewhere of "C:\Users\gsoto\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live" before doing the above, as someone's already mentioned.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for updating the thread to let us know you've figured out how to move the installation files. With the OP issue now resolved, this thread will be locked going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.