Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

lag on PC NA

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
Anyone else experiencing this? Lag on commands (skills) not on movements, and some slight difficulty to log in (that is, have to try 2-3 times)
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 20, 2022 10:56PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, especially during prime time and in cyrodiil.

This is a problem that has been ongoing for at least 4 years now and it's getting worse. There are other threads about it, especially PvP.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, also getting some stuttering in frame rates after maintenence I didn't have before in spite of having my computer and drivers up to date. Meanwhile, I can run the test server to mess around with random housing stuff just fine, with no lag or frame drops in the same zones.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on January 13, 2022 6:21PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been abysmal on PC/EU as well. Skills not firing, cyrodiil with long lags and so on. Not had login troubles.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a problem that has been ongoing for at least 4 years now and it's getting worse. There are other threads about it, especially PvP.

Nope, I have these probs since 2-3 hrs. All went well till then.
    BTW PC EU works fine for me and my connection/hardware have no problems.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »

Nope, I have these probs since 2-3 hrs. All went well till then.
    BTW PC EU works fine for me and my connection/hardware have no problems.

A lot of your sort of issues depend on location in the real world, ISP and network issues. Note, I am not saying that other players don't have more substantial problems including server-side issues with e.g. Cyrodiil etc, but those constant issues don't relate to your specific current issue. The game continues to work well for you on PC EU but has been lagging on PC NA with poor logins for just a few hours - that's not necessarily what others are talking about.

As for me, I play from the UK through Virgin Media on both PC EU and NA servers and haven't had any login or overland content issues of the kind you describe, indeed my overland PvE playstyle has never had significant issues, nor can I tell from my login or in-game performance which regional server I'm on. The fact that you've only experienced issues for the last few hours suggests something more ISP or network related. Where are you playing from? Again, I stress that I understand the long term issues others suffer from, but that is not what you're referring to.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been abysmal on PC/EU as well. Skills not firing, cyrodiil with long lags and so on. Not had login troubles.

Yeah, I've experienced some lag on PC NA recently, but in general it has been worse on PC EU.

This was not in Cyrodiil, just running around base game zones doing Group Bosses and Public Dungeons for completing the overland sets in my stickerbook, and on one occasion simply doing daily crafting writs in Vivec City.

It hasn't stopped me from being able to play, but it has definitely been frustrating in certain situations.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game since at least 3 years (ESO Plus), and it's never been worse than since several month. During peak time and events the difference gets more and more utterly noticeable (much too much). Today pvp is simply unplayable for me... It seems like Zenimax/Microsoft are going the cheap route (easy "financial optimization") with their servers nowadays. To the point where there's no gaming experience anymore... SOme people don't see this because they'd be the lucky ones with their trace routes/proximity to main servers...
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zen has confirmed they have found their lag monster but will require some big programing overhaul. This is their new project for 2022 another year of optimization. Hope it works this time, I really do.
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Zen has confirmed they have found their lag monster but will require some big programing overhaul. This is their new project for 2022 another year of optimization. Hope it works this time, I really do.

Thank you. It also shows how Zen have always lent an ear to its gamers (and customers) community, be it for games mechanics and some more. They show pride about their game (not solely counting on marketing stunts), which is rare in the gaming industry, and should be cherished.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post