The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sorc PvP noCP heal/support

xericdx
xericdx
✭✭✭
Thinking about getting back into PvP and shaking things up.

Any advice/comments on the following?

For small scale NoCP (BG&co), Sorc heal/support
- 1 piece Sithis
- 5 pcs Pariah (seems to pair well with Sithis' extra health and shield) (mostly jewelry as I prefer more light armor bonuses)
- 5 pcs Curse Eater (cause it's a poor Sorc) single bar
- 1 Maelstrom Resto
- 1 Trainee

Action bars: 1) regeneration, surge, dark conversion, shield, Matriarch / 2) Streak, Boundless Storm, Mage's Wrath, Clench, Matriarch

Ult Negate / Atro

Maybe throwing in a restraining prison or mines for area control ?

Comments and/or advice?
Characters
Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
PC EU
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First maelstrom staff doesn't work. Neither does curse eater.

For sets I'd use Pariah/Amberpalsm, Pariah/Seducer's or Seducer's/Amberplasm depending on how tanky you think you need to be.

No real reason to have Mage's wrath or Clench. If you're in a group I'd also drop Matriarch for blessings of resto or combat prayer and drop atro for barrier.

Mines is also an awesome skill to fit on there somewhere. As is siege shield (for Cyro) and flare (for the major protection)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah your build would work in battlegrounds but not in no cp cyrodiil. Also curse eater might not be a super good set now that plaguebreak is a thing? But I’ll let someone with more experience with procs be the decider of that… I just thought it was worth mentioning.

I agree that there’s not much point running mages wrath or clench. Can’t do everything at once… if you’re heal/support you should probably just stick to that. Trust me you’ll still feel like you’re doing plenty when you’re throwing negates and streaks around your team will love you.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would agree with @OBJnoob that curse eater would be terrible in pvp right now, would be a walking bomb with that thing on especially if you didnt have an addon to keep track of the proc cooldown time, at least with purges you have to actively use a skill to get the effect

and like others mentioned, noCP cyro is also noProc too (with a kind of hazy list on what is acceptable as it is not mentioned in game)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    For NoCP I really like 3Trainee/3Willpower/Alfiq/Markyn right now. Very balanced and well rounded setup. Not to difficult to get, too.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse eater is unfortunately in a really bad place. Can't use it period in NoCP Cyrodiil. Can't use it anywhere else in PvP because of plaguebreak.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few points.
    • You need block as a healer. Sithis is a no-go.
    • Matriarch heal is weak unless you slot a source of spell damage, healing, or a ton of max magicka (e.g. necropotence). Healer's Habit is a good starter set.
    • Don't purge/cleanse in BGs anymore unless you want to blow up your group
    • Prepare to have your Matriarch pet killed over and over. Your team will die.
    • Sorc shield is very selfish
    • Use Ball Lightning so you don't mess up your teammates stun timer
    • No Endless Fury unless you are slotting a ton of Spell Damage
    • Mag Sorc doesn't have the slots available for a full HoT build
    • Add Overflowing Altar for the burst heal synergy. Life steal also helps a little.
    • Twilight Matriarch does not heal through poles, pillars, corners, walls, etc. Prepare yourself for that.
    • Life Giver is a must
    • Earthgore is meta for BG healer. The proc will remove all ground effects. (Colossus, Negate, etc)

Here's the ranking of BG healers:

#1 Warden
    #2 Templar
    #3 Necro
    #4 Nightblade
    #5 Mag Sorc
    #6 Dragonknight

Good luck.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 13, 2022 3:06AM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First maelstrom staff doesn't work.

Yes it does. You backbar it with Radiating Regeneration. Swap to front bar and it still procs.
    PC NA
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Yes it does. You backbar it with Radiating Regeneration. Swap to front bar and it still procs.

In no CP? When I tested it a month ago it didn't
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭

No, it does not work in no-proc. I recently tested it in no-cp. What you are explaining is how it works in general procs.
    xericdx wrote: »
    Thinking about getting back into PvP and shaking things up.

Any advice/comments on the following?

For small scale NoCP (BG&co), Sorc heal/support
    - 1 piece Sithis
    - 5 pcs Pariah (seems to pair well with Sithis' extra health and shield) (mostly jewelry as I prefer more light armor bonuses)
    - 5 pcs Curse Eater (cause it's a poor Sorc) single bar
    - 1 Maelstrom Resto
    - 1 Trainee

Action bars: 1) regeneration, surge, dark conversion, shield, Matriarch / 2) Streak, Boundless Storm, Mage's Wrath, Clench, Matriarch

Ult Negate / Atro

Maybe throwing in a restraining prison or mines for area control ?

Comments and/or advice?

Sets wise, I'd recommend torc over Sithis. As mentioned above, blocking is important, and torc provides a really nice source of sustain. Alternatively, I'd also recommend the new mythic ring of majesty or whatever its called. It provides a nice midground of tankiness and healing capability.
    Also as mentioned above, maelstrom resto doesn't work in no-cp. I'd either replace this with the same set you have on your front bar or slot something like potatoes if it is your back bar.
    Curse eater also will not work due to the no-proc rules. I'd recommend something like crafty alfiq or amberplasm instead.

Skill wise: For sure I'd recommend removing mages wrath and clench. Instead, skills like bound aegis or flare will make you nice and tanky. I'd also recommend moving your dark conversion to your back bar and your streak to your front bar. The reasoning behind this suggestion is that by doing this, you will be tankier when you use your conversion. Depending on your group, siege shield may also be nice.
    I also have a sorc healer that I run in no-cp, but it's very different from your build, so I won't directly say it here.
    Edited by M0R_Gaming on January 13, 2022 6:56AM
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely missed a few things in my 4 months absence….thanks all for the feedbacks…

I was thinking more BG actually hence the jack-of-all trade build. Mage s wrath was more of a finisher to avoid getting kills stolen by opposing teams but agree that it should be replaced. Clench (frost) was more for control and helping when the team does not need healing.

I think that BG still allow prices but that’s easy to test. For no proc campaign yes, much less choice so easier to put together some stuff.

I’ve read about the plague breaker but thought it was more prevalent in Cyro than BG and sorc not having a class purge I thought curse would be good. But transmutation would replace it nicely (if pro s work in cp).

Thanks for the Torc and Majesty ideas, the latter didn’t even know it was added!

And if you have different build ideas sure to hear them. As a healer I ve always used MagPlar (and that was some years ago,,,) so not sure about Sorc
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    For NoCP I really like 3Trainee/3Willpower/Alfiq/Markyn right now. Very balanced and well rounded setup. Not to difficult to get, too.

This is what I've been running on my magplar healer in Ravenwatch, although I swap Alfiq for Seducer. Great setup either way.

For a Ravenwatch magsorc I usually suggest a crit build with around 50% crit chance because of the functionality of Power Surge.

This is for organized groups though, your mileage may vary as a small scale or solo healer.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »
    Definitely missed a few things in my 4 months absence….thanks all for the feedbacks…

I was thinking more BG actually hence the jack-of-all trade build. Mage s wrath was more of a finisher to avoid getting kills stolen by opposing teams but agree that it should be replaced. Clench (frost) was more for control and helping when the team does not need healing.

I think that BG still allow prices but that’s easy to test. For no proc campaign yes, much less choice so easier to put together some stuff.

I’ve read about the plague breaker but thought it was more prevalent in Cyro than BG and sorc not having a class purge I thought curse would be good. But transmutation would replace it nicely (if pro s work in cp).

Thanks for the Torc and Majesty ideas, the latter didn’t even know it was added!

And if you have different build ideas sure to hear them. As a healer I ve always used MagPlar (and that was some years ago,,,) so not sure about Sorc

Ah whoops, I was only talking about no-cp cyro. Ya, procs still do work in BGs.

I'd still say you are better off without sithis.
    In terms of sets, I'm a personal fan of transmutation or crafty alfiq for healing capability, and iron blood for tankiness. Ironblood slows you down a ton, but on sorc, you can still use streak to get around.
    If you plan on using maelstrom resto, I'd recommend it on your front bar, then having the rest of your defensive set on your back bar, though if you are running pariah, idk how well this would work.
    Another option is to scrap a mythic all together and slot earthgore. It's really nice when the entire group is stacked.

Skill wise, I still recommend the same stuff as my last post.

Overall, other people probably have some better set choices than me, I've pretty much only been playing no-proc cyro and just use the same build in bgs for a while now.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    Ah whoops, I was only talking about no-cp cyro. Ya, procs still do work in BGs.

I only play Battlegrounds so that's where my response came from.

You're correct. The Maelstrom Resto Staff 100% works in BGs. I use it all the time.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 13, 2022 4:22PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry I only play BG and didn't realize we're talking about No CP Cyro / IC.
    PC NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry I only play BG and didn't realize we're talking about No CP Cyro / IC.

I think OP is talking about BGs, but there's been a lot of confusion because they didn't initially clarify this. It's possible they didn't even realize Ravenwatch has a different ruleset while also being no cp.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After more than 8 months of trying to make Mag Sorc healer work in BGs, I've given up and gone back to a damage/healer hybrid. The matriarch pet is just too fragile and will never be reliable enough as a primary BG healer. The pet only heals 2 players per global cooldown, requires line of sight, takes up 2 slots, and dies fast. Mag Sorc has limited HoTs available.

Mag Sorc really shines with high burst combos and spot healing. The main healers (e.g. Warden, Templar, etc) have limited burst heals and Twilight Matriarch really helps. It's the highest burst healing in the game reaching 15k+ heal crits in BGs.

With that in mind, I recommend looking at ways to boost damage and heals simultaneously.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 13, 2022 5:21PM
    PC NA