The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Invisible Walls and Where to Find Them

ive_wonder
ive_wonder
✭✭✭
Hey, i'm pretty curious to hear about your experience with invisible walls, which houses are mostly affected, where those walls located etc.
I think both players and developers could benefit from such topic! (in case one day someone could decide to implement corresponding QoL update *wink*)
Edited by ive_wonder on December 28, 2021 2:45PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you mean ones where the roofs or boundaries are too small? otherwise sus
    Edited by StabbityDoom on December 28, 2021 2:57PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you mean ones where the roofs or boundaries are too small? otherwise sus
    I guess that too, i heard complaints about ceilings in certain houses (Twin Arches if i recall?) and that in some houses some walls can easily be removed to provide more space (Earthtear Cavern).
    Edited by ive_wonder on December 28, 2021 3:03PM
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assume that most houses have invisible walls and the pleasant surprise is when you dont have to deal with invisible walls.

Earthtear: You can't build past the cavern... so no invisible walls really.

Coldharbour: Really great, can build almost anywhere... even past the island horizontally for a bit...

I really do hope the devs do update the ceiling on all the other homes...
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerhesi wrote: »
    Assume that most houses have invisible walls and the pleasant surprise is when you dont have to deal with invisible walls.

Earthtear: You can't build past the cavern... so no invisible walls really.

Coldharbour: Really great, can build almost anywhere... even past the island horizontally for a bit...

I really do hope the devs do update the ceiling on all the other homes...

Earthtear does have an invisible wall at the edge of the water beyond the raised walkway and off to the right. There is a stone platform there that could be used if it weren’t for that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Water's Edge has the most strict invisible wall at the fences of the balconies. It ruined my entire build plan. I'm still bummed.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭
    Invisible walls on the interiors of homes absolutely drive me crazy. Hunding's Palatial has weird walls/ceilings at the top of those towers' interiors and they don't make any sense. Just want loft spaces, man.
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]
    -Frost class/skill line [Wardens count!]
    -Unarmed/monk class or skill line
    -Polearms/spears skill line [Aedric Spear counts, but...]
    -Bound Weapons skill line [Casters should have more than sticks, yeah?]
    -More skill lines in general

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -NPC's: guards and bards, all day
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Boat house [Fair Winds absolutely counts!]
    -Boat furnishings in general
    -Respec/redidication shrines
    -Wayshrines [I can just port to a guildmate, I guess, but...]
    -Undaunted pledge billboards/Undaunted NPC's
    -Crafting writ billboards
    -More mount/pet functionality when placed [Pathing counts!]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
    -Text search boxes [Praise Tall Papa, thank you.]
    -Item conversion/transmogrification [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Previewer/dressing room [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Instead of Arms Packs (or in addition to them), just sell me the blasted VFX
    -Gear loadouts [Armory system counts!]
    -Skill loadouts Armory system counts!
    -Cloaks [I know you said no, but I'm not taking it off my list.]
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Twin Arches has that nice loft area inside and the roof up top and both are inaccessible, I was a bit disappointed.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I extended the upper balcony at my Ald Velothi, but you can't simply jump over the rope because of the invisible wall. I had to build a stone arch over the wall which is ugly to circumvent it.
    Edited by Kesstryl on January 8, 2022 11:57AM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wanted to build a path up to the volcano in grand topal hideaway, but the whole volcano top is invisible walled

in forsaken stronghold the nice thing is you can build ramps up to the most of the guard towers you normally cant reach and invisible walls just keep you from falling to death outside of the house area lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastion Sanguinaris has probably the least amount of invisible walls out of any enormous house, the lava on the bottom can be reached, the floating islands with mushrooms near the Blackreach's roof can be reached... and just about anything in between which is huge. Pity the 700 limit hampers its potential.

Speaking of heights, Tel Galen is pretty fun, there are some annoying invisible walls around it but you can reach the very top and the view from there is really something. Stick a comfy chair on that top giant mushroom, maybe use a smaller mushroom as a parasol and enjoy the view sipping a piña colada.

The Erstwhile Sanctuary waterfall area is tricky but offers a nice view and more buildable space than it looks like, takes more trial and error though.

GT's Volcano can't be built up to, but massive structures in height can be built if starting from ground level (I visited a spaceship of sorts once, it was a rather massive) - the whole island can be circled too but there's little purpose in doing so.

Shalidor's Pocket Realm and the other Western Skyrim frozen lake house whose name I can't remember now also seemed very generous in terms of lack of invisible walls but I haven't experimented extensively on them. Same for Kushalit and Varlaisvea.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Tel Galen´s main chamber there are many near the roof, wich make it difficult to add a second storey.
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    If all the walls will be catalogued hopefully one day they will get rid of them.
    Btw anyone owns the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto? Can you build on the cave's ceiling?