The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on the status of Ravenwatch NA - Can we please get all sets turned back on?

Emperor_ManBearPig
Can we please get a response from ZoS about the status of Ravenwatch NA? I was previously a long time Ravenwatch player along with my guild. I feel like the no proc - no CP campaign change to Ravenwatch has failed and the population is always usually 1 or 2 bars at max. Ravenwatch used to be a great place to play during primetime. Gray Host and Black Reach's performance is extremely horrible with constant crashing. Can we please return Ravenwatch back having all sets turned back on? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • esobn
    esobn
    Great.. you want to bring lack of performance to Ravenwatch. [snip]

No... No way!!! Leave Ravenwatch alone.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 2, 2022 7:51PM
    I hate everyone, not just you.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their test failed. People did indeed not flock to a no proc campaign and we told them would be the case, and those of us who had our Ravenwatch taken would like it back now thanks.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch is in dire need of fixing. The campaign has debilitated into an absolute zergfest, with any form of PvP outside of a 12+ person group being exceedingly rare. The natural ecosystem of open world PvP has been completely destroyed by these rules. No more bombers, no "anti-zerging" sets. Despite your efforts, "limiting the maximum group size to 12" did not do anything. We have no reliable way to counter these players ruining the campaign. They log in, take the map, log off.
    Why do we still have these rules anyways? Do proc sets not scale off of stats now? It seems the main reason these rules were kept in the first place has already been solved. Every time I want to adjust my build I have to go check a post on the forums to see what I'm allowed to use. Build diversity is limited to very few possibilities. How did you even determine what sets are disabled? How is pariah NOT disabled?
    Please end this experiment. It's apparent that the number of players who are interested in keeping these rules can be counted on two hands, while the majority of the population in this campaign has been driven off because of it. Ravenwatch has sadly become a PVEr's campaign.
    Edited by Dirt_Rooster on January 11, 2022 2:45AM
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    Lack of proc sets has been good for what is now a lack of lag most nights, even when you have massive fights. The skill cap required is up because second chance sets like earthgore and others that make up for bad plays are gone. I'm pretty happy with Ravenwatch as is. If I feel the need for lag and procs I can jump in Greyhost and do fine running solo there as well.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Their test failed. People did indeed not flock to a no proc campaign and we told them would be the case, and those of us who had our Ravenwatch taken would like it back now thanks.

I'll admit it lasted longer than I thought it would. My group's completely abandoned the campaign now tho. It's just a miserable zerg fest.
    Qrähe wrote: »
    Lack of proc sets has been good for what is now a lack of lag most nights, even when you have massive fights. The skill cap required is up because second chance sets like earthgore and others that make up for bad plays are gone. I'm pretty happy with Ravenwatch as is. If I feel the need for lag and procs I can jump in Greyhost and do fine running solo there as well.

Lack of players has been good for lag
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we just kept the current number of players and spread them out so each faction had 2 bars in prime time then it would be pretty amazing. Once one faction stacks up and starts running 40-50 deep then you do start to feel the lag being around them.

The fact that some players/groups will avoid or run away from fights is frustrating. But multiple factions sweeping the map with a clear population advantage at different times of day is what kills a campaign eventually.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch compared to the history of nonCP is actually healthier than it has been over a 5 year history, which includes the days of Sotha Sil and Bahlockdaan.

Anyone who wants to complain about Pariah or whatnot must either have been playing DC when Necromancer came out or have left nonCP for the other campaigns while the map was solid blue 99% of the week. There were memorable sections of time of both Sotha and Bahl where populations were lower over the course of a campaign.

The only difference is that you'd have ball groups guesting in from CP to "farm," 90% of the time on whichever faction was currently holding EMP and all 6 scrolls. That was not healthy for nonCP by any stretch of the imagination.

And yes, the score in nonCP is decided by a dozen or so American players between the hours of 4 am EST to 4 pm EST the following day... but that's been the case since the end of Azura's Star. The color during the morning may change, but Cyrodiil.... Cyrodiil never changes.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch compared to the history of nonCP is actually healthier than it has been over a 5 year history, which includes the days of Sotha Sil and Bahlockdaan.

Anyone who wants to complain about Pariah or whatnot must either have been playing DC when Necromancer came out or have left nonCP for the other campaigns while the map was solid blue 99% of the week. There were memorable sections of time of both Sotha and Bahl where populations were lower over the course of a campaign.

The only difference is that you'd have ball groups guesting in from CP to "farm," 90% of the time on whichever faction was currently holding EMP and all 6 scrolls. That was not healthy for nonCP by any stretch of the imagination.

And yes, the score in nonCP is decided by a dozen or so American players between the hours of 4 am EST to 4 pm EST the following day... but that's been the case since the end of Azura's Star. The color during the morning may change, but Cyrodiil.... Cyrodiil never changes.

Say what lmao... you call no population to speak of "healthy"?? No thanks, take me back to the days when No CP was poplocked on all 3 factions with battles raging all over the map, THATS healthy PvP... Raven at this point is just pvdoor zerg training for whatever faction actually logged in for the day.
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭

So wrong in so many ways... If you call absence of PvP healthy, maybe you've just been waiting all these years to finally do the quests at Cropsford.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing regularly on both Blackreach and Ravenwatch, and Ravenwatch is a far superior playing experience with respect to reliability and performance. The only thing I don't like is that I main DC and when I play during the week it's almost always 1 bar blue, 1 bar red, 3 bars yellow, which gets tiresome. However, weekends have been pretty reliably pop locked across the board in the evenings.

Still, it's pretty clear that some of the more interesting and active Ravenwatch guilds moved to Blackreach, and their absence is felt. I guess they just really depend on sets to support their playstyle. Personally, I don't miss all of the proc sets. Given even numbers, I find Ravenwatch's group combat to be far more balanced and interesting.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    I'm playing regularly on both Blackreach and Ravenwatch, and Ravenwatch is a far superior playing experience with respect to reliability and performance. The only thing I don't like is that I main DC and when I play during the week it's almost always 1 bar blue, 1 bar red, 3 bars yellow, which gets tiresome. However, weekends have been pretty reliably pop locked across the board in the evenings.

Still, it's pretty clear that some of the more interesting and active Ravenwatch guilds moved to Blackreach, and their absence is felt. I guess they just really depend on sets to support their playstyle. Personally, I don't miss all of the proc sets. Given even numbers, I find Ravenwatch's group combat to be far more balanced and interesting.

Meh, not so much playing with proc sets (although I do prefer having more toys to play with) but the population imbalance just made it un-fun. Running into a 40man zerg all wearing pariah gets tiresome after a while. Whereas at least in proc you can kill zergs easier even if you're outnumbered. If the population in Raven was balanced it would be more fun.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m assuming you’re all on pc because I’m on Xbox and the ravenwatch population is exactly the same as it’s been for like 4 years. Zero bars on all three factions.

So I’ll pose a different question: what’s the point in having them all be the same?

Right now if you want full end game pvp you have a few campaigns to try. There’s one for under lvl 50. Bgs have procs but no cp. so there’s one non proc campaign. Why remove that option from players that like it when there’s already places for those who don’t to play??
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I’m assuming you’re all on pc because I’m on Xbox and the ravenwatch population is exactly the same as it’s been for like 4 years. Zero bars on all three factions.

So I’ll pose a different question: what’s the point in having them all be the same?

Right now if you want full end game pvp you have a few campaigns to try. There’s one for under lvl 50. Bgs have procs but no cp. so there’s one non proc campaign. Why remove that option from players that like it when there’s already places for those who don’t to play??

This whole thing started tho when they took away the NoCP campaign from folks already playing there. Afterwards the population on PC NA cratered.

I'm happy in Blackreach so I could care less what they do with Raven but at least on PCNA it doesn't seem like the healthiest campaign, or at least it didn't when I left a few months ago.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define healthy? I wish there were more people in ravenwatch sometimes too but it’s good to remind myself that I’m playing there because there’s no lag. So be careful what you wish for.

And if people really adamantly wanted to do no cp but with procs I just don’t see why they wouldn’t grind the heck out of bgs.

Which… yknow… if your stomping ground got gutted of players that is definitely too bad. I just feel like there are already places for everything else.

Removing procs from one campaign was always a weird decision I think… but it’s been going on for a while, and some people like it. What would they do if the change were reverted? I feel like the solution to your problem is a lot simpler than the solution to theirs would be.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc is dull, it's time to stop these no proc tests, it's been clear for a very long time it doesn't result in a better performance.
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Having gone into Grey Host for a few minutes on a Friday night oh the lag is definitely a lot less in Ravenwatch.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having played some battlegrounds recently with Dark Convergence and Plaguebreak, I find myself happier with the Ravenwatch ruleset than I have been previously.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Having played some battlegrounds recently with Dark Convergence and Plaguebreak, I find myself happier with the Ravenwatch ruleset than I have been previously.

One benefit of no procs is not dealing with whatever the latest broken set is while waiting for ZOS to nerf it. I still miss monster sets like bloodspawn, but I don’t mind not putting up with the latest sloads.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

PB isn't that bad in CP if you build into it. DC is absolutely obnoxious but manageable. Although I'd still prefer if neither was introduced.