The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Homes for the poor!

hogancomb14a_ESO
hogancomb14a_ESO
Soul Shriven
Ok, heres my second post. Homes! Homes for the poor!

You ever sleep at the Drunken Skeever! No. Bedbugs I tells ya. Lots of the nasty little creatures. How do you get rid of bedbugs? No, no, drinking more mead might just make em bigger. You build a home and have your slaves clean it a lot! Does that git rid of them all? Well, no. But! They'll be your little bedbugs then.

Were do ya place this hovel, ya say? Well, Cyrodiil, of course. No, no! I haven't been eating the drunken bedbugs. Cyrodiil is the perfect place. Your home might get burnt down. Nothing major, maybe some missing food and can be repaired easily enough, with the right wood. No, not morning wood you dolt.

Cyriodiil has more land then you can shake a wand at. What is that land for, you ask? Well, right now it is just for running around like crazed mudcrabs looking for groups of unhappy brigands that don't enjoy your company. While were at it, The homes are upgrade-able into mini keeps which can be use by your faction, if you allow it. Don't like your location? Those pesky brigands, burning it down alot? Salvage it for some of the material back and relocate. When you find a new spot, make sure you invest in some followers so the bandits can't take it over to easy.

This is just a start at one thing, I believe would make a great game even more enjoyable. The houses couldn't be placed willy-nilly. The land would have to be flat and follow the rules of ballista and such. The'd also be upgradable with forges and leather tanner stations for the wealthy.

So, What say you? Comments, Ideas, Suggestions. This post is to further the development of some kind of housing system which, I hope, might be implemented at an unknown point in the future.