Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there an easy to use Addon for Housing?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
All I want to do is line up floors and walls and fit them together. Is there a simple addon (not EHT) that does something like that?
PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am not sure as i have not looked specifically at housing addons

i have made great use of the "fine edit" mode to get something to line up really nicely (such as in helping someone make a walkway with platforms look seamless and level), but this can be very tedious to do if your working with a large number of objects
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i have made great use of the "fine edit" mode to get something to line up really nicely (such as in helping someone make a walkway with platforms look seamless and level), but this can be very tedious to do if your working with a large number of objects

The precision editor has a function called something like Align, but I have never got it to work like I think it should. Actually I’m not sure what it does at all so I never use it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The precision editor has a function called something like Align, but I have never got it to work like I think it should. Actually I’m not sure what it does at all so I never use it.

i think the align function is supposed to align it with the surface the object is on (on PC the button to use this is right click, and this will align the object with the surface it is on (wall/floor/other object), but not really meant for fine precision alignment)

an example would be a table, if you moved the table so it was on a wall and align, it *should* theoretically align with the table feet on the wall and then moving it back to the ground and aligning would place the table normally

this does work very weird on some objects though and doesnt work well on non-flat surfaces as there is no real clear way to tell what it thinks is the "surface"
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind, I just figured it out.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 7, 2022 7:34PM
    PCNA
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use homestead engineer.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1908-HomesteadEngineer.html

Very straight forward interface, gets the job done while also not being too “heavy” of an addon.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a look. Thanks.
    PCNA
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the game had a base feature that would at least align modular pieces like the castle walls with one another
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruj wrote: »
    I wish the game had a base feature that would at least align modular pieces like the castle walls with one another

This would be awesome. All I want to do is line up my floors and walls and lock them together.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ruj wrote: »

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking it would do when it said “Align”, lol!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA