The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does clipping bother anyone else?

PlayerSlayer247
PlayerSlayer247
Soul Shriven
I was super excited for the Crimson Oath motif to drop in the crown store, but after getting it I noticed the giant front flap on the heavy armor clips through every leg style with a skirt. The clipping is especially bad when you use the Deadlands Firewalker personality with it. I hope Zos can fix the clipping issue or stop releasing what could be awesome styles with gigantic front flaps on the chest pieces.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is amount of personalities which have different postures enabling virtually everything to clip. No actual physics also so probably unrealistic to expect.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It bothers me when a Motif clips with itself. Not so much when I'm mixing and matching with other stuff.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that really bothers me is when my bow goes through my head. It's especially noticeable with the Troll King style, which has blades on the fore-edge. Ow!
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields clipping, hair clipping,weapons clipping, crotch flaps with a mind of their own, yea I'm constantly changing motifs to not see this distracting visual

just changed my toons hair from heroic poet to something else due to the hair clipping with the pyre watch's cuirass scarf piece

**I would kindly ask for a refund if I weren't completely satisifed, 5000 crowns is $40-$45 real dollars**
    Edited by Blinx on January 6, 2022 6:32PM
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    I think the main issue is with the flaps. So many motifs have front/back flaps and legs with hip flaps, when people have been actively asking them to be removed for years.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it bugs me to no end.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clipping gets worse on several motifs like crimson if you have reverse foot something option activated on the settings
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya i am a neat freak so when i see clipping in the outfit station between various motifs i lose my mind
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes. I have OCD and it takes a lot of mental effort to not get very frustrated at the clipping, or the floating. im not sure which one is worse tbh
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. It's impossible to avoid in ESO so I try not to let it bother me.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't bother me as much as some. After awhile I can tune it out. I'd rather have new hairstyles and motifs and armor than have ZOS not release them because of minor clipping (unless it's so gross of a clip that it effects everyone with every build).
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me as much as some. After awhile I can tune it out. I'd rather have new hairstyles and motifs and armor than have ZOS not release them because of minor clipping (unless it's so gross of a clip that it effects everyone with every build).

I agree. Minor clipping never bothered me either. Some of my favorite armors clip lightly. Now when weapons clip through my character's body, that bugs me badly. Like realistically that's an ow. Another thing that bothers me clipping wise would be if part of the head was coming out of the helm for instance
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems nitpicking but yes, this bothers me.

SmFy90B.png
    PC NA