The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like a battleground custom lobby? (deathmatch, objective modes, etc.)

gariondavey
gariondavey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So many threads lately about people annoyed they can't play the objective modes (poorly designed in my, and others opinion, but moving on).
Before that, so many people annoyed they couldn't play deathmatch modes.
So many deathmatch teams in my battleground guild are also frustrated at not being able to all get into the same team deathmatch game when 3 teams queue.

The solution to all of this:

A lobby - get all participants into the lobby, choose mode, and game starts.

Would you like a custom lobby?
Edited by gariondavey on January 2, 2022 9:52PM
PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden

Would you like a battleground custom lobby? (deathmatch, objective modes, etc.) 58 votes

Yes, this would solve almost all points of contention, and I can't believe this isn't a feature in the game already!
94%
PinesyRedTalonSkoomahArcanasxdarvariaRhaegar75Darkmage1337LarianaSleep724allup86790lbertikusThe_LexFischblutmandricusnukynukertonJierdanitvesselwiththepestleMariusghost84Urvothmilllaurie 55 votes
No, I would rather continue to have things out of my control, and to see daily arguments on the forums with players quitting over these problems.
5%
SerenityC84NeuroticPixelsESO_CenturionPlayer 3 votes
  • YoureWrongImRight
    YoureWrongImRight
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this would solve almost all points of contention, and I can't believe this isn't a feature in the game already!
    This is a great idea. Can we also get rid on MMR at the same time. Just grab the first 12 people and throw them in a match. I have never seen a game where MMR actually worked. There have been many times lately where I just want to pop in and have a quick match or two and just give up after waiting for 45+ minutes.

Sometimes the match will be balanced, sometimes it won't. It doesn't seem like it's balanced now anyways. New players might be frustrated sometimes but they can watch and emulate how more veteran players are playing.

Just grab the first 12 people, throw them in a lobby and have a vote as suggested here. Everyone votes on preferred game mode, majority wins, match starts.
  • Lortie
    Lortie
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great idea. Can we also get rid on MMR at the same time. Just grab the first 12 people and throw them in a match. I have never seen a game where MMR actually worked. There have been many times lately where I just want to pop in and have a quick match or two and just give up after waiting for 45+ minutes.

Sometimes the match will be balanced, sometimes it won't. It doesn't seem like it's balanced now anyways. New players might be frustrated sometimes but they can watch and emulate how more veteran players are playing.

Just grab the first 12 people, throw them in a lobby and have a vote as suggested here. Everyone votes on preferred game mode, majority wins, match starts.

I agree 100% on there needs to be a lobby system for BGs. But not so much with no MMR in the regular playlists. As much as I don't like 15-20min queues in solo (sometimes an hour+ in group), the alternative would not be very kind to new players when you consider a good player can go 50-0 in a match with no competition.

Maybe theres some middle ground but I'm not a a dev so I cant say.

Lortie - StamSorc
    Velsei - StamCro
    Sidyl - StamDK
    https://imgur.com/a/5kexQVk - ESO at it's finest.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lobby system would not only be a wonderful change for a lot of vet PvPers looking to play 4v4v4s, but would also be a nice change for people looking to get into PvP. Newer players would likely have a much easier time learning the ropes if they could pop in with some friends into a custom game instead of getting matched up with smurfs or vets
  • keeper184
    keeper184
    Soul Shriven
    Players have wanted this for years; it would be an excellent feature.

Another option would be to allow group duels in player houses. You would start a duel like normal, and everyone in your party and the opponent's party would start combat. You could have undisturbed 2v2s, 4v4s, etc.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to go along with this, in other games ive played (such as CS:GO), they have options for "ranked" matches and "unranked" matches

unranked would be as you put it, purely random, sure you might get unbalanced games at times, but not all the time

ranked would be the "competitive" mode where your playing against top-tier people for leaderboards/bragging rights (something most standard people dont care about)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    While this would be so good for the entire PvP community, it is not likely to happen.

Battlegrounds 2.0, private games, or a multitude of new maps? Can't sell that.
    Two "new" dungeons with the same theme which also co-incides with the very thin layer of a "year-long story", which provides you with 8 new sets you can't get otherwise? That they can sell.
    Edited by PvP_Exploiter on January 10, 2022 10:34PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While this would be so good for the entire PvP community, it is not likely to happen.

Battlegrounds 2.0, private games, or a multitude of new maps? Can't sell that.
    Two "new" dungeons with the same theme which also co-incides with the very thin layer of a "year-long story", which provides you with 8 new sets you can't get otherwise? That they can sell.

You could very easily work custom BGs/new BG content into a year long story/part of an expansion. There's a multitude of Daedric Princes related to combat, there are plenty of "story" reasons for "new arenas beckoning combatants with promises of glory" or whatever. The reasoning it won't happen has nothing to do with whether or not they could market it.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I believe we just learned that polls like this do not matter.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    This feature is sorely needed in eso.
    Please add it or change group queue for bgs to be
    1) group random (no dm)
    2) group dm

I can't help but look at voters and posters in this thread I made and notice several of them quit since zos removed the choose your own queue system.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP I agree with the sentiment; but elected to not participate in the clearly biased poll (wording).
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brakkish wrote: »
    OP I agree with the sentiment; but elected to not participate in the clearly biased poll (wording).

Same here. Was it really that hard to just put simple Yes/No options.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    The used to have it this way. And really we don't need all of the different objective based matches. Just Death Match and one or two more. And get rid of the more complicated maps. They serve no purpose except to "hide" players from PVP.

LOOK AT WOW. OMG this would be so easy and there is a reason why WOW BG's bring in 1000's of players. I am so sick of the double teaming. Let us have a normal 10v10 or 15v15. JUST ONE. And not on 8 different maps.

Why did they change the que? Something about too many players queing for DM. Oh that's a bad thing? Too many wanted it.
    Edited by darvaria on October 20, 2023 8:05PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »
    The used to have it this way. And really we don't need all of the different objective based matches. Just Death Match and one or two more. And get rid of the more complicated maps. They serve no purpose except to "hide" players from PVP.

LOOK AT WOW. OMG this would be so easy and there is a reason why WOW BG's bring in 1000's of players. I am so sick of the double teaming. Let us have a normal 10v10 or 15v15. JUST ONE. And not on 8 different maps.

Why did they change the que? Something about too many players queing for DM. Oh that's a bad thing? Too many wanted it.

they changed the queues from being able to select DM, land grab, and flag games into just the 1 random queue because according to zos the queue was in an unhealthy state and was taking too long to actually make games because the overall population was too small and split up

when they did change the queue to be DM only for a month and then added the random queue back in (which was broke to begin with since it pulled from the DM queue) for like 3 months, that actively caused the BG population to reach even more unhealthy levels, which is why zos ended up reverting that too and leaving it as the 2 queues we have now: the solo and group queues for random BG

me personally i dont enjoy deathmatches, its the "least fun" mode as it feels there is no strategy, if i wanted a brawl fight like that i would just go to cyro and enjoy a near 24/7 "deathmatch" on alessia bridge lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014