The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When should I start the Alliance War (lore-wise)?

AlandroSul
AlandroSul
✭✭
As a person who cares very much about the lore, and follows the internet guides to do the quests in a proper order, I'd like to know whether the Alliance War (that is unlocked at level 10) is somehow connected with the story and should be done in a specific order?
I'm talking specifically about the Cyrodil Alliance War, since, from what I understand, the Imperial City section of the Alliance War is the DLC that should be done after Craglorn (is that correct?).

I have also one more question. There are 4 subtypes: Alliance Locked; Standard No-CP; Standard; Below Level 50. Do they have the same content? Should I join first to one particular of these subtypes or it doesn't matter (lore-wise)?

Thanks in advance.
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    The alliance war takes place at the same as main quest and continues beyond so you start anytime you want
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as in know
    There is no clear indication exactly when the quest within cyrodiil happen other than about at the same time as the eso base game
    But i did chose to do it in this order

Alliance zone->coldharbour->cyrodill quest
    ->imperial city->craglorn
    For one reason: at lauch, there was no arena, trial or vet dungeon so cyrodiil was kind off considered the end game

As for me switching imperial city and craglorn? I just fell the story flow better likec that as we clean up what is left of the planemeld then go of on other adventure, i dont think there is much lore placing these 2 in a particular order other than the order of release so feel free to do these in the way you prefer
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on January 11, 2022 5:43PM
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    Below 50 was mostly for new player, however anytime you create a new character that character can go below 59until they hit level 50 so there a number of experience players running in these campaign with best gear. No cp mean champion points are disable while cp campaign allow players to use their cp so for new player might want stay away from those
    Edited by kwinter on January 11, 2022 5:46PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil doesn't have any overarching story. The PVP war just exists as the background to the rest of the alliance stories. The quests focus on living in a wartorn region.

So you can do it whenever.

The Whitestrake's Mayhem event should happen at some point in Quarter 1 and gives double AP, so that may be a good time to dip your toes in.