The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Add-on suggestion or possible development

LordeGian
LordeGian
✭✭
Hello everyone!

I searched tirelessly for an add-on that could signal when nearby enemies are immune to Crowd Control. It's really hard to visualize targets that are immune just by looking at their feet where that immunity effect appears.

I found that the Bandits and Srendarr addons can get the target buff called Crowd Control Immunity, which is exactly what I want. However, it is not possible to filter all other buffs, so the target's buff frame becomes gigantic, making it impossible to find it at the time of combat.

Why do I need this add-on? Sometimes in combat, especially in PVP, my Dark Convergence proc is expelled at the moment when everyone is immune to the pull, causing my team's drop to fail miserably.

The ideal scenario for me would be an add-on that puts an icon on enemies that are immune. I think it's not impossible to create an add-on of this type, but any other add-on that could signal my enemies (even if I need to be looking at the target) would be very good.
Edited by LordeGian on January 11, 2022 1:08PM
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Hey,
    Due to the limitations placed on addons, we are unable to get any information on any non-party member with the exception being the direct person you are looking at (when their health bar appears on your screen). Without doing too much research, I believe that CC immunity shows up as a buff for them, so Srendarr might be able to display this.
    I'm unsure if something like this already exists, but if it doesn't, then I will probably make it at some point to also help me with my 1v1s, though not any time soon sadly.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • LordeGian
    LordeGian
    ✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    Hey,
    Due to the limitations placed on addons, we are unable to get any information on any non-party member with the exception being the direct person you are looking at (when their health bar appears on your screen). Without doing too much research, I believe that CC immunity shows up as a buff for them, so Srendarr might be able to display this.
    I'm unsure if something like this already exists, but if it doesn't, then I will probably make it at some point to also help me with my 1v1s, though not any time soon sadly.

I tested yesterday with Srendarr and Bandits, it is possible to track the target's buff called Crowd Control Immunity, but it is not possible to filter the other buffs, making this option unusable.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srendarr can put the buffs on dedicated buff bars, right?
    You could whitelist this buffId to show on bar #7 e.g. and enable bar #7 before, move it on the UI to your desired position.
    Not sure if you are able to define multiple bars as the "target bars" though as this behaviour (define dedicated bar for a buffId is used for your own character-owned buffs I think).

Beside that I'm not sure if this will work in PvP. Did you check if Srendar shows the CC immunity on any human player during PvP, being in Cyrodill/Battlegrounds (not talking about any duell as they can be made outsode of PvP areas)?
    In the past Zos decided to hide some buffs of player enemies in PvP content so that noone can have any addon benefit (and some addons also took advantage of that and warned you to block even ebfore any incoming arrow from sneak was hitting you...).