The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hel Ra Citadel curated drops not working

Dvu
Dvu
Soul Shriven
Curated drop system doesn't seem to be working at all in HRC. I keep getting the same stuff from bosses even though i have 1 piece of body armor still uncollected (poisonous serpent legs). And the last boss keeps dropping the same weapons and jewelry that i already have, while i don't have many of the weapons collected. The system seems to be working as intented for me everywhere else, only the HRC is acting weird.
  • Dvu
    Dvu
    Soul Shriven
    Actually i'm not sure if this only happens in HRC, it might be a problem in SO and AA as well, but i'm not running these trials too often so i did not notice that. I think the cause of the problems may be the shared sets between the trials. What do you think?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curating does not change loot tables. So it may be that poisonous serpent legs don't drop in HRC. Or maybe only on normal or only on vet or something like that. Loot tables in Craglorn trials are kind of weird.
  • Dvu
    Dvu
    Soul Shriven
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Curating does not change loot tables. So it may be that poisonous serpent legs don't drop in HRC. Or maybe only on normal or only on vet or something like that. Loot tables in Craglorn trials are kind of weird.

I've seen it dropping for other people who were in the trial with me. It's the very last armor piece i don't have in HRC so i should drop it from the very first boss i kill, but i keep getting vicious ophidian or eternal yokeda pieces or others that i already have collected. Same with the last boss, i can see people dropping weapons that i still don't have collected, but i drop stuff that i already have.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling the sets which drop from multiple trials are messing up the curation in the Crags
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I got 1 weapon to my collection in 6 runs, but I still have 4 unknown weapons (Aetherian Archive). Same situation in Sanctum Ophidia.
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing for a guild mate and me in VAA HM: 12 runs, only 1 uncollected weapon while I have dozens other uncollected stuff.
    hafgood wrote: »
    I have a feeling the sets which drop from multiple trials are messing up the curation in the Crags
    Exactly my thought.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm missing quite a few weapons from vHRC yet in ~20 runs I was getting duplicates of other weapons and jewelry.
    cupejh9zyijs.png

Either curation doesn't work in crag trials or loot tables are messed up.
    Edited by perfiction on December 24, 2021 12:02PM
  • Dvu
    Dvu
    Soul Shriven
    perfiction wrote: »
    I'm missing quite a few weapons from vHRC yet in ~20 runs I was getting duplicates of other weapons and jewelry.
    cupejh9zyijs.png

Either curation doesn't work in crag trials or loot tables are messed up.

i have it very similiar, lots of weapons not collected but they're just not dropping, i'm getting duplicates all the time
    it makes dropping the Advancing Yokeda dagger a horror

yatoz5slf62a.png
    Edited by Dvu on December 24, 2021 12:52PM
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crag trials drops a bit messed up, as those trials not only drop their own sets but the also can drop a set from the other two trial as well, and this is kinda messing up the curated drops here.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Can this be looked into? You were able to fix problems with named drops interfering with curation. Can the curation problems with Craglorn Trials be fixed, too?
  • Dvu
    Dvu
    Soul Shriven
    OP here. I justtried running nHRC because i've been exclusively running vHRC, and guess what? I started dropping the stuff that i had uncollected. I dropped sword of advancing yokeda on my 1st run, and dagger on the 2nd run. Also looted the last armor part immediately. nHRC seems to have different loot table than vHRC. ZOS should look into it.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dvu wrote: »
    OP here. I justtried running nHRC because i've been exclusively running vHRC, and guess what? I started dropping the stuff that i had uncollected. I dropped sword of advancing yokeda on my 1st run, and dagger on the 2nd run. Also looted the last armor part immediately. nHRC seems to have different loot table than vHRC. ZOS should look into it.

It has the same loot table but vastly different weighted RNG. Normal and vet each preferentially drop either trial-specific sets or Crag-specific sets. They are weighted opposite each other.

The game is clearly rolling for trial-specific vs. Crag-specific first, then curating. There is a similar issue with arena sword-and-board sets, since the game has to roll a shield first in order to give you a corresponding one-hander.
  • Fariahni
    Fariahni
    ✭✭✭
    I am also experiencing curation issues in the Craglorn trials. My guild-mates are getting pieces that I need off of a boss (proving that the boss does indeed drop the desired set piece item). But even though I do not have it collected, it does not drop for me.

I'm not sure what is going on with the Craglorn trials. The other trials do not appear to be impacted.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    based on my experience, the 3 crag trials all basically share drops, ive gotten gear drops from HRC that show in collection book as being from SO or AA

this could possibly be related to this issue (some weapons on HRC set in collection book may only come from AA or SO instead) if the loot tables are all mixed up like that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Fariahni
    Fariahni
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean the smarts in the game which controls curation does not line up with the smarts in the game that does the actual determination of loot?

I don't understand why a guild-mate can get a drop off a boss, but I cannot, when I need to collect it still. Curation implies that if you have something from that boss which you haven't collected, it should drop.

This is why I feel there is a bug with the curation in the Craglorn trials.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fariahni wrote: »
    Does this mean the smarts in the game which controls curation does not line up with the smarts in the game that does the actual determination of loot?

I don't understand why a guild-mate can get a drop off a boss, but I cannot, when I need to collect it still. Curation implies that if you have something from that boss which you haven't collected, it should drop.

This is why I feel there is a bug with the curation in the Craglorn trials.

It means the curation for Crag trials is more complicated than for dungeons and other trials which do not share set drops with each other.

If it’s true, as seems to be the case, that the game rolls first to see whether you get a trial-specific or shared Crag piece, and then rolls for pieces you don’t have, then you will end up in situations where you get pieces you don’t need rather than pieces you do from curated sources (meaning bosses, for these trials).

ZOS needs to decide (or at least comment, if they’ve already decided) whether they want to keep this system as is or to change the roll priority for more efficient curation. As far as I’m aware, they have not yet commented on whether the Crag loot drop situation is working as intended, so it’s impossible to know if it’s a bug.
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    For me it is clearly a bug. None of the sets from these trials are full in my collection, and yet, I still loot gear I already have most of the time (let’s say 5 times over 6).
  • Fariahni
    Fariahni
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I enjoy running trials and collecting new gear from them. Constantly getting duplicates is a little disheartening.

Did the maintenance today impact this issue at all? Such as a server side hotfix that doesn't require a patch?
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭
    Just jumping on this thread to say that I have been getting this issue for the past month, running at least once a week.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been experiencing this same issue. 9 times out of 10 running crag trials I get loot from the shared set pool (which I have complete). The only time I am guaranteed to get a curated drop is if I am the first person to activate the boss to loot it.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Hey yesterday i did vHRC

that how is looking my collection from ingame for HRC:
    cyvycbx6jjba.png

and i got Battle Axe of Advancing Yokeda which already i had why not Destructive Mage or Serpent??
    I am not happy with that cuz i lost some times ofc other players got some items i am missing...