The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unpopular Opinion - Region Locked Servers

Wolfpaw
Wolfpaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@ZOS_RichLambert apologies if I tag the wrong person to bring this up,

With ESO continued growing popularity all these years, and the many more to come, is region-locked servers for Cyrodiil stability, faction balance, & overall health of the Cyrodiil game a possible consideration in the future,,or does this not have an impact on server/game performance? Idk, not my field.

NA Server, I believe, already covers all of the Americas, JP, & AU. Amazing in itself.

The added EU mega server (and regions associated) growing Cyrodiil player population joining NA is becoming too much possibly?

PlayStation
Thanks
Edited by Wolfpaw on January 8, 2022 5:56AM
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually both servers cover the entire world, as your ESO account allows you access to both, there is no regionalisation on the game and that's a good thing. Players from all countries should be able to play with those from all other countries, we shouldn't look to prevent this in any way.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Actually both servers cover the entire world, as your ESO account allows you access to both, there is no regionalisation on the game and that's a good thing. Players from all countries should be able to play with those from all other countries, we shouldn't look to prevent this in any way.

Respectfully I hope all is on the table to be discussed and looked at if solutions can be found, or to dismiss if not a factor.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this is not something that should ever be considered. People have friends all over the world and choose to play with them, segregation of any sort should not be tolerated
    Edited by hafgood on January 8, 2022 6:17PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you propose is the benefit from doing this?

If someone joins a server, the resulting connection (good or bad) is something they choose to play with. It doesn't somehow affect the rest of the existing players?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this another attempt to blame Canada? We have friends that ride elk Elk an some who ride burros. Be a shame to segregate these fun people all over. What about this ones Puerto Rican friends? I would not want to lose any of them.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this another attempt to blame Canada? We have friends that ride elk Elk an some who ride burros. Be a shame to segregate these fun people all over. What about this ones Puerto Rican friends? I would not want to lose any of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

Is not just the U.S.A.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 18, 2022 4:46PM
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realise the NA server is based in North America and the EU one is in Europe?

Thats all it means.

I, who live in Europe, can play on either server depending on the mood I'm in.

Assuming you play on the NA server there is nothing stopping you playing on the EU server.

What you cannot do is play an EU character on the NA server or a NA character on the EU server.

So when it comes to Cyrodiil everyone playing in the same campaign as you is on the same server as you. If you are playing PS NA Greyhost then everyone else in that campaign is also on the PS NA server.

Part of playing a game such as this is to be inclusive, players make friends all over the world, and thats good, there should be no attempt to stop this by making the servers regionally exclusive.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do realise the NA server is based in North America and the EU one is in Europe?

Thats all it means.

Assuming you play on the NA server there is nothing stopping you playing on the EU server.

What you cannot do is play an EU character on the NA server or a NA character on the EU server.

So when it comes to Cyrodiil everyone playing in the same campaign as you is on the same server as you. If you are playing PS NA Greyhost then everyone else in that campaign is also on the PS NA server.

Part of playing a game such as this is to be inclusive, players make friends all over the world, and thats good, there should be no attempt to stop this by making the servers regionally exclusive.

I'm inquiring, if one mega server's Cyrodiil campaign becomes the most popular/used world wide creates performance problems, or not.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 9, 2022 6:55AM
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's irrelevant, the NA server is in North America, the EU server in Europe. They do not impact on each other. They are in different locatiins
    Edited by hafgood on January 9, 2022 9:42AM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    I'm inquiring, if one mega server's Cyrodiil campaign becomes the most popular/used world wide creates performance problems, or not.

So you want to know if banning EU players from the NA server and vice versa will improve performance?

I'd be really surprised if it made any difference at all and would just annoy people.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats all it means.

Is your suggestion that players from AU (or EUbfor that matter) playing on NA may be dragging down the overall NA server performance for all NA players?

I.e. potentially blaming non NA residents for Cyrodiil performance issues??
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Thats all it means.

Is your suggestion that players from AU (or EUbfor that matter) playing on NA may be dragging down the overall NA server performance for all NA players?

I.e. potentially blaming non NA residents for Cyrodiil performance issues??

I'm not sure where you got the idea of non NA residents.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 18, 2022 2:08AM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this post is a veiled complaint about night capping......which while annoying, understandably happens because what is prime time for others may be the middle of the night for you.......
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand what you are asking. I think you are asking if EU players playing on the NA server has an impact on the NA server and vice versa?