The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

console control options???

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone else would have preferred to map their controller in a different way than the game provides like say i wanted to bind my ultimate ability to the up arrow instead of the two bumpers and then just bind my emote wheel to one of those two or not have it bound at all...
And to maybe add the option to play on my console using keyboard and mouse??? i plugged my keyboard in but it only lets me type stuff into chat and use menus slightly i cant switch the tabs from buy to sell at a merchant havent checked if it lets me slot skills or allot attribute points yet though
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play on console but I was very surprised to learn it's not possible to change the controls or use a keyboard and mouse.

I can understand some games not offering options like that, but considering ZOS have already done the work to make it possible it seems strange to restrict it to PC. Same with allowing different chat tabs that show different channels and various other options, once they're in I don't understand why they'd be restricted to 1 version of the game.

(The one exception is some of the graphics options which exist on PC to allow for different hardware, that's irrelevant on consle.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can remap (at least on PS) but yeah kbm would be better (like ffxiv on PS)

Edit: I did not read what you actually want, yeah, we can’t do that. Would be nice though
    Edited by NerfSeige on January 8, 2022 5:35PM
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    ah, bummer!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparxlost wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone else would have preferred to map their controller in a different way than the game provides like say i wanted to bind my ultimate ability to the up arrow instead of the two bumpers and then just bind my emote wheel to one of those two or not have it bound at all...
    And to maybe add the option to play on my console using keyboard and mouse??? i plugged my keyboard in but it only lets me type stuff into chat and use menus slightly i cant switch the tabs from buy to sell at a merchant havent checked if it lets me slot skills or allot attribute points yet though

@Sparxlost you can remap certain things, but in Xbox controls not in game.

I e bar swap is terrible on D Pad. Means a needless thumb move, I've swapped Left D Pad with Right Thumb click so now bar swap is smooth and left D Pad is crouch (used less than bar swap)

I'm unsure you can remap TWO buttons into one however like Ultimate would need.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP