Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Escaping Pursuit in IC

lnigo
lnigo
✭✭✭
Good day, I'd like to discuss the current method of escape from pursuers in IC (granted, this can be done in Cyrodiil too, but it's not as convenient with respect to IC).

Ever since the 3 sewer entrances were deleted from Cyrodiil, the only way to reach IC was to queue for it. Conveniently if you want to instantly leave IC you can also queue for something else: a dungeon, Cyrodiil, battleground, or anything else you'd queue for. Even more conveniently, if you find yourself in any tough spot you don't see yourself getting out of alive, you can queue yourself for Cyrodiil (since Cyro queue pops based on population instead of based on filling a group [faster queue than BGs or dungeons]) and after a short 10-15 seconds your queue pops and you can instantly port out without any fear of losing your telvar. Even with some addons, you don't even need to manually go to your notification(s) window to confirm the queue since they do it for you.

The issue with this is once a player's queue pops, their character instantly disappears as they port out. There isn't any lingering around, giving you no chance to finish them off, which would be the case if they disconnected due to a crash or internet connection.

Also, in a way this makes the purpose of the sigil of imperial retreat completely irrelevant. Pay 10k AP for a stone that requires to be out of combat (ahem, combat bug) and makes you considerably vulnerable to interruption from players or even NPCs or just queue out and queue back in for free at the cost of an extra ~1 minute of your time due to 2 load screens (porting out, then back in) instead of 1.

Ideally, players shouldn't be able to queue within X amount of seconds of being damaged. At the very least, players should not be able to queue in combat. I know this brings up the issue that some people will never be able to port out if they're stuck in combat due to the combat bug, but to be honest that's just the combat bug and another discussion in the thousands of other threads about it.

There's simply no reason someone can just take a rain check and bounce. Does this seem reasonable?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lnigo wrote: »
    There's simply no reason someone can just take a rain check and bounce. Does this seem reasonable?
    It's pretty silly I agree, but really just another symptom of a busted telvar gain/loss system. It's absurd that someone carrying 0 telvars can still get half your stuff if they kill you, while you get 0 for killing them. A lot of players think you shouldn't lose telvars at all, and I'm inclined to agree with that to liven up IC as an actual PvP zone.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty silly I agree, but really just another symptom of a busted telvar gain/loss system. It's absurd that someone carrying 0 telvars can still get half your stuff if they kill you, while you get 0 for killing them. A lot of players think you shouldn't lose telvars at all, and I'm inclined to agree with that to liven up IC as an actual PvP zone.

If TelVar loss was removed, it would most certainly liven up IC, I would probably go there as well, even though I currently avoid it like the plague. It would also serve to bring items bought with TelVar way back into reality pricing wise, like Hakeijo which has gone from 6-10k a bit over a year ago to the 40-50K it is today... from the lack of folks farming for it.

As for queuing out of IC, leave it. There is no reason everything in IC needs to favor the gankers.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good day, I'd like to discuss the current method of escape from pursuers in IC (granted, this can be done in Cyrodiil too, but it's not as convenient with respect to IC).

The issue with this is once a player's queue pops, their character instantly disappears as they port out. There isn't any lingering around, giving you no chance to finish them off, which would be the case if they disconnected due to a crash or internet connection.

Ideally, players shouldn't be able to queue within X amount of seconds of being damaged. At the very least, players should not be able to queue in combat.

EminentPossibleBlackwidowspider-small.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on January 4, 2022 7:16AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Have tested this when i get zerged(I dont think players that 6v1 me in IC unprovocated deserve my tel var) and it often doesnt work. You have to interrupt your defenses to queue for Cyrodiil and the second request is not appearing on screen while you are fighting, only in the menu where you are also informed that another player has a new VMA highscore or your guild changed their news. You already cant change district if 1 enemy player hit you with a ranged light attack before. Anyone know name of the addon?
    Edited by Iriidius on February 15, 2022 4:21PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    You have to interrupt your defenses to queue for Cyrodiil

Your group can do that for you.
    only in 1 the menu where you are also informed that another player has a new VMA highscore

You can disable highscore news in the settings.

With addons, both things can be automated, if I'm not mistaken.
    If such addons don't exist yet, I'm sure it's possible https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28046
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have tested this when i get zerged(I dont think players that 6v1 me in IC unprovocated deserve my tel var) and it often doesnt work. You have to interrupt your defenses to queue for Cyrodiil and the second request is not appearing on screen while you are fighting, only in 1 the menu where you are also informed that another player has a new VMA highscore or your guild changed their news. You already cant change district if 1 enemy player hit you with a ranged light attack before. Anyone know name of the addon?

I believe a combo of Miat's & RDK does, but could be mistaken. RDK, along with numerous other PVP addons auto-accept the queue popup, and I think it is Miats that will add a button to your chat box for one click queuing, but thats the one I am unsure about. Alternatively just make sure your L screen is on the tab you queue from before getting into a fight and it is pretty quick to hit L and right click a campaign to queue regardless.

EDIT: It took some doing, but figured out it is actually the PVP Meter addon that adds the quick queue button to your chat bar frame, not MIat's. It was literally the last addon I checked /doh
    Edited by Kwoung on January 5, 2022 3:08AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the one thing i wish they would do with the sigil of imperial retreat is change them from being character bound to regular bound (like keep recall stones) lol

i have like 20 of them on a toon i dont regularly use in IC anymore lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ever since the 3 sewer entrances were deleted from Cyrodiil, the only way to reach IC was to queue for it. Conveniently if you want to instantly leave IC you can also queue for something else: a dungeon, Cyrodiil, battleground, or anything else you'd queue for. Even more conveniently, if you find yourself in any tough spot you don't see yourself getting out of alive, you can queue yourself for Cyrodiil (since Cyro queue pops based on population instead of based on filling a group [faster queue than BGs or dungeons]) and after a short 10-15 seconds your queue pops and you can instantly port out without any fear of losing your telvar. Even with some addons, you don't even need to manually go to your notification(s) window to confirm the queue since they do it for you.

Also, in a way this makes the purpose of the sigil of imperial retreat completely irrelevant. Pay 10k AP for a stone that requires to be out of combat (ahem, combat bug) and makes you considerably vulnerable to interruption from players or even NPCs or just queue out and queue back in for free at the cost of an extra ~1 minute of your time due to 2 load screens (porting out, then back in) instead of 1.

Ideally, players shouldn't be able to queue within X amount of seconds of being damaged. At the very least, players should not be able to queue in combat. I know this brings up the issue that some people will never be able to port out if they're stuck in combat due to the combat bug, but to be honest that's just the combat bug and another discussion in the thousands of other threads about it.

As an imperial city fan i wholeheartedly agree with you. the point of IC pvp is risk reward, and this defies the point / bypasses an existing mechanic need.

The spicer the better in IC as far as im concerned

also @Inigo i hope the 6 fingered man didnt evade you in this manner ;) ;0)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

As an imperial city fan i wholeheartedly agree with you. the point of IC pvp is risk reward, and this defies the point / bypasses an existing mechanic need.

The spicer the better in IC as far as im concerned

also @Inigo i hope the 6 fingered man didnt evade you in this manner ;) ;0)

I respectfully disagree... the main thing it allows you to bypass is the ganker's camping your base entrance in the sewers, which is a good thing IMHO.... because the heck with those jerks who want something for risking nothing.