Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Is Arox Bugged?

SSX_Gryphon
SSX_Gryphon
✭✭✭
Had spare crowns and as I loved him in the storyline, took a look at the crown store NPC. He has around 10 lines of dialogue which are pretty amusing that swung it for me. Popped him down and on interact I'm presented with 3 mediocre lines of dialogue that weren't part of the 10 the crownstore shows you. On a loop.

I wondered if he fired them off as random incidentals, so I popped him down to test that whilst I indulged in a bit of elder sims online endgame.

Not a bean. Is he bugged or is there something I need to activate on him?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread recently in the forums about the same problem, and I think someone said that the limited dialogue was for characters that have completed the main quest, but I don't know if anyone checked alts to see if these character had the dialogue from the preview. Even if that's the case, it's kinda disappointing. @ZOS_Kevin Would it be possible to check whether Arox having different/limited dialogue from that show in the crown store preview is a bug or intended?
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've verified for myself that characters who never took the quest get a wide variety of lines from Arox.

My character who completed the quest gets a repeat of 3 lines about 95% of the time and then rarely a 4th line.

What a ridiculous bug, or even more ridiculous "feature".
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    HI All. Thanks for highlighting this. The dev team is aware and identified the issue. They are working on a fix now. Nothing more to share yet, but we'll follow up once we do.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    HI All. Thanks for highlighting this. The dev team is aware and identified the issue. They are working on a fix now. Nothing more to share yet, but we'll follow up once we do.

Thanks for the update!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious, is the issue that it's only playing additional lines unlocked by the quest rather than adding those lines to the overall pool of lines?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Curious, is the issue that it's only playing additional lines unlocked by the quest rather than adding those lines to the overall pool of lines?

My impression is that he has more lines for people who haven’t finished the quest and fewer for those who have, sounds like someone got it backwards when coding.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA