Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Do I -need- the 5 set bonuses?

ArgonianAssassin
ArgonianAssassin
✭✭✭✭
So I've been thinking of turning my build from 5 light/2medium to go 3 light/2medium/2heavy, giving up my 5 piece bonuses in favor of having all the passives from all the skill trees, light/medium for my attacks and then heavy for survivability, do you guys think this is viable or should I stick to my 5 piece bonuses?
"It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Zewks
    Zewks
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think its just about the 5 piece bonus. Most bonuses you get are per armor piece. So with 5 pieces, most bonuses that grant you 3%, will grant you 15% bonus.

With only 2, you are only looking at 6%.

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly , have you ever felt you needed to max out your char in this game up until now?

Im vet1 , im playing with mostly white armor piece i got from drops , all of it medium , i have 0 passives for medium armor , im just using to lvl up.

And im still moving foward no problem. So need is a strong word there mate. I think you can test it out, but atleast to do quests and solo content up to vet1 , it is not a need. You can be fine either way probably.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly , have you ever felt you needed to max out your char in this game up until now?

Im vet1 , im playing with mostly white armor piece i got from drops , all of it medium , i have 0 passives for medium armor , im just using to lvl up.

And im still moving foward no problem. So need is a strong word there mate. I think you can test it out, but atleast to do quests and solo content up to vet1 , it is not a need. You can be fine either way probably.

Which class are you playing if I may ask?