Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

A question about Cleansing Revival's cooldown

Greasytengu
Greasytengu
✭✭✭✭✭
Cleansing Revival's tool tip states: "Healing a target under 25% health removes all harmful effects from them. This effect can occur once every 24 seconds."

Can anyone confirm if Cleansing Revival's cooldown is per target? Has anybody been able to test this out yet?

If say, someone in my raid drops below 25% and the perk cleanses them, and then another raid member drops below 25% a few seconds later will it also work for them?

This could be the difference between the perk being basically useless or somewhat useful.

" I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    Im also intringued about this one. it really removes "All Harmful effects"? like the ones in Cloudrest? Yaghra Spider heal debuff?
    Edited by OhDios on June 30, 2021 12:24AM
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also curious about this.
    Are crowd control effects "harmful effects"?
    Are self-heals counted?
    Does the "remove a harmful effect" trigger the bonus healing of Salve of Renewal?

If yes to all, this would all make it rather powerful.
    Edited by DewiMorgan on January 1, 2022 12:00PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    generally always assume cooldown for proc is global unless the description states otherwise (for both sets and CP procs)

there are "harmful" effects in the game as well which are counted as "buffs" and cannot be cleansed because they are not counted as negative effects

there are also some negative effects which are "uncleansable" so even if it is the only negative effect on you and you use some other purge skill (templar cleansing ritual) it will not remove it either

example of negative effect that is actually displayed as a buff
    • the "bombs" from the shadowcasters in DSA
    • draining poison from rangers in DSA
    • arrow spray poison from poison arena (stage 7) of maelstrom arena

example of uncleansable negative effects
    • trial mechanics (lunar or shadow "debuffs" in MOL twins fight as one case off top of my head)
    • some DOTs from various bosses in dungeons

the CP proc is likely using the same mechanic as any other purge and can only purge cleansable debuffs (it just removes all of them instead of a limited amount like most purges)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities