The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grind for Skaal Explorer Style Is Driving Me Insane. For the love of Eight ZoS This Writ is BUGGED

KyleTheYounger
KyleTheYounger
✭✭✭
The RNG roll for Skaal style pages that gets dropped from these writs is either bugged or needs to be redesigned on the next patch update.

Because SERIOUSLY. I'd swear the design process to complete deep winter charity writs for this style was designed by Loki himself. While at the highest peak of a moon sugar fueled binge...

Do specific clothing items only drop in a given day? i.e. do you have to wait for the next day to get a shot at RNG another different item NOT in your wardrobe?

I've never wasted SO MUCH RESOURCES IN GOLD AND MATS AND IRL TIME. ONLY TO END UP GETTING THE SAME DAMNED STYLE PAGE RESULTS. When all I've been trying to get since this festival event started was the CORRECT REMAINING 3 CLOTHING ITEMS to complete the Skaal set. But the damned system can't seem to come up with the RNG roll to produce these final 3 signature clothing items??? WHY is that ZoS? Why don't you respect my time? :(

The design for this is absolutely ridiculous. First I exhausted an EXTENSIVE supply of mats I've been collecting for over a YEAR NOW. Since I'm a casual gamer, it literally took me AGES to acquire 1K in Bast/Nickel mats. Saving up for this event.

Yet to date, I've spent a FORTUNE having to buy MORE Bast in batches from NPC guild traders. Then another small fortune buying Nickel from crafting vendors . Because you insisted on wasting 12/12 mats just to craft a simple damned military stretcher/rough box etc etc. for the charity writs? Why is the mat cost to meet these charitable writs so damned high?

Basically, how much more gold do I need to expend in hopes of getting the remaining 3 clothing items I need before this event is over??

For anyone blessed enough by the Eight to have completed this outfit, how many attempts did it take you with these Deep Winter writs?

I'm starting to think its more economically viable trying to buy what I need from guild traders. Assuming they're even capable of peddling this style. The only other option is the Crown Store and I'm NOT wasting any crowns on that anytime soon. Not after this [snip] experience >:)

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 2, 2022 6:26PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought mine.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No worries, there are hundreds for sale for very little, just search the guild stores and buy them, problem solved

If you need help try using the website Tamrieltradecentre.com

• SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 500 pages of the Skaal style pages on the TTC website, for dirt cheap. You could have saved your mats. Please, next time just look at buying them from other players first. Lesson learned?
    Edited by SpiritKitten on January 1, 2022 8:27PM
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, before you went and did all that, you could have checked if they were for sale in guild traders.
    Yes, the system for it is dumb, but the alternative is there.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    THANK YOU both so much for replying. I wish to Talos I'd found this common sense wisdom BEFORE wasting all that time an gold. I could've literally bought a notable style manor -- with excessive gold to spare -- had I been following this. :'(

Oh well. Success in adventuring Tamriel doesn't come without a monsoon or two :s

It's guild trading from here on to infinity
    Edited by KyleTheYounger on January 1, 2022 9:54PM
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    You know, before you went and did all that, you could have checked if they were for sale in guild traders.
    Yes, the system for it is dumb, but the alternative is there.

Except I was unaware this resource existed. Never assume anything. You'll make a donkey's rear end out of you and me.

Just a reminder that not everyone is as ESO savvy where it comes to game mechanics as you. I'm a casual gamer and so lack a LOT of common knowledge that more dedicated and hardcore gamers such as yourself typically take for granted.

Thanks for replying however.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of ppl make gold doing whatever is fun and profitable for them and buy what they need using that gold instead of doing something they don't want to do or that is 'grindy'. If some activity feels 'off' stop asap and do a bit of research online before continuing. That's what I do.