The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We need a "respawn now" button in many delves

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Some delves have bosses (and mobs for that matter, respawning almost immediately. Other ones seem to take forever.

Can we please get a "respawn now" button or similar item to get a main character to respawn?

We just had 6-7 players standing around in Tor-Hame-Khard waiting for the lady by the sea pearl to spawn.

PC
PS4/PS5
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think for delves and public dungeons with more than one boss, it's random which one is spawned at any given time, unless that mechanic has been changed or removed. I'm pretty sure they also spawn roughly every five minutes like other bosses (such as WBs), so if you're waiting at Spawn Point A and the boss hasn't spawned in 6 or more minutes, you might wanna check the other spawn spots.

As for when bosses seem to spawn super quickly, for delves at least bosses will spawn even before five minutes if a player who hasn't beaten them yet enters their spawn zone.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be that way in Cyro delves but was changed to match normal delves and PDs a while ago. They're all on a 5 minute timer now. If someone comes along who hasn't cleared it yet it'll respawn immediately so for farming leads it helps to have a friend along on an alt who hasn't done it. If they lurk in the corner and don't get a hit in the boss will keep spawning really quickly.
    PS4 EU
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I would like to see is some sort of timer, be it proper numbers, or even just graphical (the boss icon filling slowly or something like that, I don't know), letting us know how long it will take for the boss to spawn.
    I'm guessing there's some addon for this, but none that I know of, so let me know if that's a thing.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I think for delves and public dungeons with more than one boss, it's random which one is spawned at any given time, unless that mechanic has been changed or removed. I'm pretty sure they also spawn roughly every five minutes like other bosses (such as WBs), so if you're waiting at Spawn Point A and the boss hasn't spawned in 6 or more minutes, you might wanna check the other spawn spots.

As for when bosses seem to spawn super quickly, for delves at least bosses will spawn even before five minutes if a player who hasn't beaten them yet enters their spawn zone.

True, but this was the delve in Summerset and a key part of the questline for the delve. 2 "boss" characters in the delve.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the boss respawns almost immediately (45 seconds, I believe), it's because someone who doesn't have the achievement for that delve entered the room. Otherwise they are on the normal timer (I think 5 minutes?).
    The Moot Councillor
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to stop bottle necking leads behind a single delve boss or source in general.

Make it so any delve boss in the zone can drop the relevant lead so that people spread out and you don't have groups forming around a single boss to wait for it to respawn.
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People die in delves?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respawn now button would be abused.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would kill the realism/immersion.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be so abused, insta respawn of any delve boss? As soon as killed respawn and kill again, over and over racking up huge amounts of xp.

Only way this could possibly work is if the insta respawns gave no xp, no gear, no gold but can give a lead
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some delves have bosses (and mobs for that matter, respawning almost immediately. Other ones seem to take forever.

Can we please get a "respawn now" button or similar item to get a main character to respawn?

We just had 6-7 players standing around in Tor-Hame-Khard waiting for the lady by the sea pearl to spawn.

Better 6-7 players waiting than a large ball o'bots waiting to kill the boss the instant it respawns. In the beginning there were many complaints about groups of bots waiting to insta-kill bosses for loot. My favorite memory of an early dungeon was having a GM spawn in looking like a ghost/transparent, and saying "Everyone who isn't a bot, move to my side of the room." All the players who were trying to finish the dungeon/quest did, and he nuked all the bots so we had a chance at the boss. Fast spawning bosses are not necessarily a good thing.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game should be built around player enjoyment not bot prevention.

Lots of ways to fix that here.

- Make the button work only when someone with a quest to kill that boss is present.
    - Only show the button after 1 minutes
    - Etc.

Find other ways to find and remove bots.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say no, the game is fast enough and the last thing I want to see in a delve is some boss vending machine which spits out bosses after you push a button.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Make the button work only when someone with a quest to kill that boss is present.
    - Etc.

But your enjoyment is another person's annoyance. Imagine I'm exploring a zone and I clear a delve, get the skyshard, kill the boss, and then I haven't even left the room and the boss has already respawned. [snip]? What am I even doing in this world?

The respawn timer is of a reasonable length. It's long enough that someone clearing the zone can leave the area before the boss respawn, but short enough that you can actually stay and wait if you want to kill the boss multiple times (and there are ways to make it go faster if you insist) If you are doing a daily and other players are there and you are worried about not getting credit, you can group with them and get credit for the quest even if you don't get a hit in.

If you feel like having a respawn timer added to the API for World bosses near you, or the boss in the delve that you are in, that's a suggestion to bring up to ZOS.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 2, 2022 6:23PM
    The Moot Councillor
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Respawn now button would be abused.

Probably, but only by botters who by definition already abuse the game. The loot timer would stay in place, saving people endless idling in kill boss X kind of quests. I dare not think the amount of time I lost staring at a boss's spawning location, even frantically spamming AoE's and be ready to drop a meteor on the spawn in case of the spot being heavily camped by people eager to get credit.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

- Etc.

But your enjoyment is another person's annoyance. Imagine I'm exploring a zone and I clear a delve, get the skyshard, kill the boss, and then I haven't even left the room and the boss has already respawned. [snip]? What am I even doing in this world?

The respawn timer is of a reasonable length. It's long enough that someone clearing the zone can leave the area before the boss respawn, but short enough that you can actually stay and wait if you want to kill the boss multiple times (and there are ways to make it go faster if you insist) If you are doing a daily and other players are there and you are worried about not getting credit, you can group with them and get credit for the quest even if you don't get a hit in.

If you feel like having a respawn timer added to the API for World bosses near you, or the boss in the delve that you are in, that's a suggestion to bring up to ZOS.

[edited for profanity bypass]

I said "delves" in the OP.

Your problem can be avoided. I was responding to the claim that it would only help bots.

In your situation you could camp the spot and keep others from getting the boss to come up.

Cyrodill is a good place to see the variance in spawn times. Try to kill Basratti (sp?) and you may die of boredom. Try to get the boss in another delve and he may respawn before you can run away.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one guy who gets tired of waiting runs off to kill some trash mobs, comes back and just misses the respawn now has to wait another 5 minutes because they took off for a brief moment. Partially my fault because as soon as the boss respawned knowing full well that other guy was also waiting, I go ALL OUT wiping them as quickly as possible preventing any chance of them to make a tag on their return.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basratti is the one boss I can agree needs the respawn mechanic looking at. Last time I had that quest my son left school, and did 3 years at uni before she spawned
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long respawn dates back to the times the loot was worth something. As most overland loot is now worthless and there is some timer on how often you can loot a specific boss*, quicker respawns should be a no brainer in IMHO.

* you can easily verify on open dungeon bosses. If you kill the same boss within a few minutes you will only get a few coins but no items.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the boss you are talking about is Justiciar Avanaire, who is a quest boss, NOT the actual delve boss. Killing Avanaire has nothing to do with completing the delve, she is only for the "Pearls before Traitors" quest.

This is why she does not instantly spawn even if a person who hasn't completed the quest - or the delve - shows up: not being a dungeon boss of any kind, she does not go by dungeon boss respawning mechanics. Also, if there is an antique lead which demands a "Delve Boss" to drop it, SHE WILL NOT DROP IT.

ONLY "The Kurgando", a yaghra monstrosity in a different location, is the delve boss in Tor-Hame-Khard. That is the boss you should be camping for any leads which drop from delve bosses in Summerset.
    Edited by jle30303 on January 3, 2022 2:00AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I believe the boss you are talking about is Justiciar Avanaire, who is a quest boss, NOT the actual delve boss. Killing Avanaire has nothing to do with completing the delve, she is only for the "Pearls before Traitors" quest.

This is why she does not instantly spawn even if a person who hasn't completed the quest - or the delve - shows up: not being a dungeon boss of any kind, she does not go by dungeon boss respawning mechanics. Also, if there is an antique lead which demands a "Delve Boss" to drop it, SHE WILL NOT DROP IT.

ONLY "The Kurgando", a yaghra monstrosity in a different location, is the delve boss in Tor-Hame-Khard. That is the boss you should be camping for any leads which drop from delve bosses in Summerset.

That is why I used the term "main character" in the OP.

Why can't I just kill the pearl sitting there?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Basratti is the one boss I can agree needs the respawn mechanic looking at. Last time I had that quest my son left school, and did 3 years at uni before she spawned

I've never had an issue with Barasatii not spawning... That said, it's distinctly possible that Nisin is bugged, and the bosses still have to spawn one at a time.