The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Keeper of the Bones Quest Is Still Bugged?

KyleTheYounger
KyleTheYounger
✭✭✭
This side quest has been historically buggy. But can't find a solution to my issue anywhere on the web so posting it here.
Zone; Grathwood
Quest: Keeper of the Bones
Protag NPC: Dringoth
USEP has summary of quest here:

Took on this quest several months ago and got as far as assembling the skeleton NPC. Then dropped/deleted it from my quest log. Fast forward several months since and everytime I visit/fast travel to Grathwood, this skeleton NPC always reappears with the follower icon over his head. Apparently the game still thinks I'm on quest with this NPC. But no evidence of this quest exists anywhere in my quest long i.e. don't currently have any quests in Grathwood atm

Is there a workaround for killing this quest? Or if not, how to restart the quest to complete it? The NPC stalking has become quite maddening of late
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    This side quest has been historically buggy. But can't find a solution to my issue anywhere on the web so posting it here.
    Zone; Grathwood

Took on this quest several months ago and got as far as assembling the skeleton NPC. Then dropped/deleted it from my quest log. Fast forward several months since and everytime I visit/fast travel to Grathwood, this skeleton NPC always reappears with the follower icon over his head. Apparently the game still thinks I'm on quest with this NPC. But no evidence of this quest exists anywhere in my quest long i.e. don't currently have any quests in Grathwood atm

Is there a workaround for killing this quest? Or if not, how to restart the quest to complete it? The NPC stalking has become quite maddening of late
    hi there, so it looks like it actually was indeed reported here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/566858/dringoth-appears-as-a-full-skeleton .... So, you might wanna either re-post your details into that thread or file an in-game 'bug ticket' (if you haven't already) .

Also, i can't remember but doesn't the skeleton eventually disappear once you exit that immediate area?

• KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Zone; Grathwood

hi there, so it looks like it actually was indeed reported here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/566858/dringoth-appears-as-a-full-skeleton .... So, you might wanna either re-post your details into that thread or file an in-game 'bug ticket' (if you haven't already) .

Also, i can't remember but doesn't the skeleton eventually disappear once you exit that immediate area?

Thanks for the quick follow up. Reposting it there now.

Also no the skeleton doesn't eventually go away. He's been consistently stalking my PC for literally half a year now. LOL