The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any point to Antiquities?

OldMagSorc
Hi Everyone, Please forgive me if i have this wrong but as far as i can see the vast majority of antiquities are bind on pickup? I am guessing you can not sell most of the items you scry other than treasures that you can sell to your trader etc. The only useful one i have so far is The Ring Of The Pale Order.
  • drunkendx
    drunkendx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Antiq are broken into

treasures which can be decent source of gold (YMMW),
    furniture (which is sadly BtA),
    cosmetics (you can get nice looking wolf mount)
    and mythic items which can be quite BiS (although it's debatable whether most are worth the effort)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antiquities are fun (for me - YMMV of course). I don't mess with the mythics, so no clue there. Furnishing are great - I would sell some of them (25+ Void Crystal Anomalies.... *rolls eyes* - though they do make leveling and endeavors easier).

It's a LOT more fun than the whole archaeology thing in WoW (though I do miss "Harrison Jones"....)
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you collect all the basic leads(green,blue,purple) from the basic zones, Eyevea & Arteum? once you do there's a coin worth 100k, located upstairs in the antiquarian's building,
    there's also a nice white dye for digging up X amount, and a costume
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Furnishings are a major reason, then the mythic equipment items are really amazingly strong or special items. Such as the ring of the wild hunt, which is 45% to speed.

If you need money, selling them to vendor can be $$$. Especially the 100,000 gold one in solitude.

But mostly, the people I know use them to decorate.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crafting motif pages that come from antiquities (the ones that start with "Ancestral", like Ancestral Reach and Ancestral Akaviri and so on) can be sold and some go for huge amounts of gold. These are not common and hard to farm, but can be a very pleasant and lucrative surprise if you get the lead for one.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldMagSorc wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, Please forgive me if i have this wrong but as far as i can see the vast majority of antiquities are bind on pickup? I am guessing you can not sell most of the items you scry other than treasures that you can sell to your trader etc.

Why does something have to be sellable to have a point?
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldMagSorc wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, Please forgive me if i have this wrong but as far as i can see the vast majority of antiquities are bind on pickup? I am guessing you can not sell most of the items you scry other than treasures that you can sell to your trader etc.

Why does something have to be sellable to have a point?

Exactly. I just like scrying and excavating. In most cases, I get something I sell or something I use. If not, I destroy and don't really mind. There are other cases same type in the game, of bound rewards/drops we can do nothing with. This one with antiquities is just one more and to me not really important.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • OldMagSorc
    Thank you everyone for your input. A few options for me to consider now.